Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

WW2 map

hi,

I open this thread to keep you informed about the release of my ww2 buildings :

addons which are in the folder: these addons replace all the previous ones.

snc_obj.pbo:

- barrels

- heer crate

- crates

- tractor (this is the Linker split's tractor, I have only change some lods and the model of the wrecked tractor)

- a barricade

- MG pos on a barrel (I used Upminder MG42 and sound from the old AND_Mg42 addon): a new link below

- a barrel chair

snc_farms:

- cottage (with 2 set of textures)

- cottage open (with 2 set of textures)

- farms (a new model and the old one + different textures)

- a wheelbarrow + a wheelbarrow chair

+ 2 bis houses retextured.

the link:

http://www.multiupload.nl/2KOWY29JS3

the hedgerows + objects: (some hedgerows are for the moment in test phase, I put them in the package, so you could give me some advices. All the hedgerows don't use the same colors scheme; that is for the variety of the landscape)

btw, the pbo ww2french is needed because I used textures and 1 object from this pack. thx to the uknown guy who did these addons.

http://www.multiupload.nl/KKTL13XRPJ

I44_jc is needed too for the ferns (for the moment; if I can contact him, I would be able to use only the fern): a link:

http://www.multiupload.nl/CU571PVH87

i hope that there aren't errors:p

new link for snc_obj. the MG pos had problems (btw I forgot to write, that the script and the rtm were make by AND). the gunner is now SoldierEB

http://www.multiupload.nl/WV986GRZQ5

a link for download the first part of my buildings: PS: don't use the damaged house, the geo and the fire lods are for the moment placeholders, so they don't work. (sorry, I work currently on these lods). oh! don't use the sidewalk, because I rework it.:p

http://www.multiupload.nl/2PAGIITYUK

alternative links:

http://qooy.com/files/0IM44O6H3W/snc_Thouses.pbo

Edited by Sennacherib

I can wait ;)

They looks very nice Sennacherib !

ok cool :p

i found also a wrecked car, but without lods; do you want it?

and also walls without lods? same question.

this is a massive sellout :D

Yes please ;)

I was wondering if maybe You have Your US soldiers from Caen too ?

Of Course for personal use. Just to play ;)

And what about Your garages etc ?

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10211

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9989

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9487

Wille be there too ;) ?

Thanks for this promotion Sennacherib !

Edited by Bielow

yes, the garage and the farms will be in the package.

this ruin is not in oxygen, so no lods etc etc, but if you have the time and the courage to make them, i will give it to you: :p sorry i made a mistake, the ruin is in oxygen, but with no lods

gcs0001.th.jpg

the walls are not in oxygen (no lods etc), and a texture is not done (but the uvmapping is done): I put them in the package?

gcs0002.th.jpg

the wrecked car has only 1 lod:

gcs0003.th.jpg

Edited by Sennacherib

the first pack:

the farms + the garage: you can consider them as a beta WW2EC release like i kept finally the WW2EC tag for the farms:

http://www.multiupload.com/99LX6YYIRX

they still have minor problems with the geometry lod.

link put also in the first post:

@Prof, yes that would be great

the release of the other buildings will be later; before i need to sort the files (p3d, 3ds, tga, psd), and fix the textures problems

Edited by Sennacherib

What we can tell?

Just Big Thank You for Your work on it and for release :cool:

With Your buildings and t_Roc tanks we have our own a piece of "Road to Caen" :p

try the farms before the "thank you" :D

I was a noob like today in fact :p, when i made these buildings. they were my first in game addons. the texturing is not good, and the models have too much textures, btw they are not binarized

but i hope however that they will be useful ;)

Thank You :)

When next part of buildings ;) ?

Can be edited (retextured) and then add to islands ?

soon. I was sick, so I wasn't able to make the updates.

yes, you can use them in the way you want

only a little credit would be appreciated :p

as I wrote on my blog, I lost a lot of datas, included the modified town buildings. I'm going to redo them, but for now I make a new US soldier;

I use the amazing Sanctuary's soldier.:)

well, the first redone building. there are a generic café (bombed and not bombed),

and the famous Desire Ingouf restaurant from Carentan. the building is not really accurate, because I don't have the real colors (from 1944) and i don't know which materials were used for the construction of the building (which kind of stones etc etc), so I did my best to create something possible.

now the buildings are finished and the number of textures used is decreased and the buildings have a visible attic (for the bombed buildings). I'm going to use the BIS proxies to add some objects in the attic.

the buildings share the same model, because i'm a lazy guy:p

generic café: I just need to give it a name. maybe "café de la poste" -café of the post office-

generic.th.jpg

Désiré Ingouf restaurant: the buildings have a visible attic. I'm going to use the BIS proxies to add some objects in the attic

ingouf1.th.jpg

ingouf2.th.jpg

btw a little window on the roof is missing. the one at the front of the roof. I have forgotten to unhide it

:)

Edited by Sennacherib

the real Desiré Ingouf restaurant in 1944

realingouf.th.jpg

sorry to create a new reply, but I can't add this picture in my previous post. error blablablabla

I use the amazing Sanctuary's soldier.

Just a quick note : the original model is all Hyakushiki fantastic and amazing work on his Modern US Infantry and OPFOR addons.

I just obtained permission to use them, then lowered the faces and vertices count down to a level that was fitting my mod needs and with the help of Macser for the seams and helmet, i remapped the whole model to fit only only on 2 textures.

So if you want a higher quality of model complexity and more texture to play with, maybe you should try to see if you can obtain Hyakushiki permission, as my modification of his model into my base model is resulting in a lower quality (though more performance friendly as it was my primary goal).

edit : the reproduction of the building is impressive, superb work !

Edited by Sanctuary

It looks like the project goes forward every time I check the thread. Good luck with it! :)

Just a quick note : the original model is all Hyakushiki fantastic and amazing work on his Modern US Infantry and OPFOR addons.

I just obtained permission to use them, then lowered the faces and vertices count down to a level that was fitting my mod needs and with the help of Macser for the seams and helmet, i remapped the whole model to fit only only on 2 textures.

So if you want a higher quality of model complexity and more texture to play with, maybe you should try to see if you can obtain Hyakushiki permission, as my modification of his model into my base model is resulting in a lower quality (though more performance friendly as it was my primary goal).

edit : the reproduction of the building is impressive, superb work !

don't be modest, you did an amazing job to make these soldiers perfect. ;), and they are optimized for your animations.

the reproduction of the building is impressive, superb work

thx mate

It looks like the project goes forward every time I check the thread. Good luck with it! :)

thx;)

btw; i need some help for creating ground textures (town textures), if someone is interested to help me, please send me a pm

As I finish currently all my town buildings (+ some new buildings added), I need appropriate ground textures. :)

I forgot; someone could explain to me how to binarize the buildings.

Edited by Sennacherib

thx;)

btw; i need some help for creating ground textures (town textures), if someone is interested to help me, please send me a pm

As I finish currently all my town buildings (+ some new buildings added), I need appropriate ground textures. :)

I forgot; someone could explain to me how to binarize the buildings.

Bonjour !

Great work as usual ! French WW2 buildings are really needed IMO :)

About the binarization thingy, look here.

merci Prof;)

what do you think to have rubble? As currently I make a damaged building, I thought that this would be cool to have few models of rubble.

ideas?

damn', i'm really unlucky. After my hd, I had to change the alim and my 3d card :butbut:

but at least now I have a better 3d card.:p

I have a question:

i want to create opened buildings, i don't know which ones would be great? ideas?

Well anyone Sennacherib :))

But maybe if it will be not more difficult for You - church :P ?

Myabe something like in Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood in 2nd mission? (Sorry can't find properly screen)

in fact currently I play at COD2 for finding good ideas, something adapted for OFP.

I modify also my wrecked car for adding more of variety :)

Well anyone Sennacherib

for now, I have a ruined farm, an opened cottage, + 2 town buildings opened (only the first floor), and also a damaged town building.

I have also 2 objects: a wood barrel and a MG42 on a wood barrel (I used Upminder's MG42)