Sign in to follow this  
decap

Little Problem

Today when I go to join a Multiplayer game I can connect to the server but I can not select a position to start the game (see screenshot)

2qcmkgk.jpg

I have not changed anything since yesterday when I was able to play. The only thing I did was I hosted a server this morning. And now I cant play on anybody elses server. If I host my own server I can see all the slots and everything works fine.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hello,

some rules to keep in mind for future posts:

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post.

If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing

people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..."

are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

http://forums.bistudio.com/misc.php?do=showrules

lastly your topic is about multiplayer, your in troubleshooting which can work but again for future references,

you might get a better response in the MP section as its discusses nothing but Mp, no big deal.

When you make posts where you have a problem or something with the game, then list your computer specs,

and what games you are play, like Arma2 only, or CO, or OA, or BAF, or all at once, give details,

and you will get better responses, that give the person responding more info on your situation,

makes them much more able to help you.

anyways to help you out if I can, when you host your own game, all the roles, and everything will

usually show up np that is because you ahve all the files and everything needed to play the game,

as for a person trying to connect to your hosted game, they would need the files addons/mods

if any that are required again if any to play your mission.

as for your issue for not seeing anything when you join a server/s its possible and I cant say maybe

Dwarden would know, but I'm thinking you hosting might have screwed something up by hosting, and

tbh I dont know how that would be possible but with OA, and BAF I guess things are possible.

Does your problem effect any server or just one server you try to join?

Hello,

some rules to keep in mind for future posts:

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post.

If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing

people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..."

are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

http://forums.bistudio.com/misc.php?do=showrules

lastly your topic is about multiplayer, your in troubleshooting which can work but again for future references,

you might get a better response in the MP section as its discusses nothing but Mp, no big deal.

When you make posts where you have a problem or something with the game, then list your computer specs,

and what games you are play, like Arma2 only, or CO, or OA, or BAF, or all at once, give details,

and you will get better responses, that give the person responding more info on your situation,

anyways to help you out if I can, when you host your own game, all the roles, and everything will

usually show up np that is because you ahve all the files and everything needed to play the game,

as for a person trying to connect to your hosted game, they would need the files addons/mods

if any that are required again if any to play your mission.

as for your issue for not seeing anything when you join a server/s its possible and I cant say maybe

Dwarden would know, but I'm thinking you hosting might have screwed something up by hosting, and

tbh I dont know how that would be possible but with OA, and BAF I guess things are possible.

Does your problem effect any server or just one server you try to join?

I can not join any multiplayer server. As for the image sorry I didnt scale it. Most forum software these days scale the images automatically, I just assumed this one did as well(Might want to consider that vbulletin mod) As for the size of the image it is 89kb which is 11kb less then the rule states. As for a descriptive title, that is pretty much useless in a tech support forum as to get any help anyone would have to read the entire post unless my title was 10 lines long.

Thanks for your help with proper posting techniques, now I just need some help with my game

Edited by decap

As for a descriptive title, that is pretty much useless in a tech support forum as to get any help anyone would have to read the entire post unless my title was 10 lines long.

Thread title: "No slots visible/selectable in MP Setup screen".

Doesn't take 10 lines at all.

As for the help, let me quote Günthers post again for you, at least the relevant part:

How many people have this problem now i wonder...

Sent you a reply decap, hope it helps

I putzed around with my router and now it seems to be working. I just stopped my DMZ host which should make the game work, not not work....weird. Especially since it had been working with that enabled the entire time. I guess hosting my own server mess with something in my router and messing around in there got it working...But it is working for the time being so we will see what happens.

Thanks for all the replies