Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

World Tools 1.6

Hi friends,

i'm about to release World Tools 1.6 (1.5 wasn't released due i was working on some features that will be available now into 1.6).

EDIT: Foxhound placed new release on Armaholic. Thank you

Version 1.6

Added: SQM / SQF-BIEDI script files to V3 feature: World tools now loads your .sqm and your .biedi files and export them into Visitor 3 importable format. [Featured requested and tested by Bad Benson]

Biedi are the files created by 3D Editor in ArmA2 and ArmA2 OA (ALT-E from the main screen). Biedi are the companion files of SQF mission file format.

Program will search into your P:\ disk (if you're a Visitor3 user) trying to match the editor objects with the objects into your ca\ and other object folders.

Added: Now in forest generator and object remapping the user can remap/place objects that aren't defined in object list, by indicating the path of the object (eg. ca\buildings\tent).

Added: Forest generator now inform user about the percentage of each mask color into the map. Now you know what you could easily ignore.

New feature: Forest Generator is now able to SIMULATE forest generation results for easy tuning of final number of objects.

Bug: Object selection form doesn't remind last position after third open

Changed: Check for updates will open default browser.

Screen courtesy by Bad Benson

WorldTools_1_6_1.jpg

WorldTools_1_6_2.jpg

WorldTools_1_6_3.jpg

Edited by shezan74
link added

very nice piece of software, well done

is there a trick to using the forest generator? i've tried many different image formats and 512x images as described in the help, but the simulation always shows 0 objects

also tried a single blank object with a single colour and it still doesn't generate anything

very nice piece of software, well done

is there a trick to using the forest generator? i've tried many different image formats and 512x images as described in the help, but the simulation always shows 0 objects

also tried a single blank object with a single colour and it still doesn't generate anything

You raised the color percentage slider? Select the color and move percentage slider to the right. does the generation process produces something?

Send me a pm if you need help :)

Send me a pm if you need help :)

Thanks very much for the help. I missed that both the object and the colour have probability sliders ;)

I'm in touch with Sickboy and Kju to integrate world tools with their Six Config Browser to make easy the conversion from sqm object names and Visitor 3 P3D files, to make the SQM import process totally automatic and faster.

Anyway this is the first "real" work made with new World Tools, applied on beta Fallujah map. The FOB has been made by -[TdC]-Ultimo.it, a clan mate that is helping me using arma2 visual mission editor

worldtools1_6_4.jpg

worldtools1_6_5.jpg

I hope this will increase your curiosity in trying world tools with your friends :D

is there a guide to using this?

One question is the initial image you have to use as a background??

I am new but would like to edit / create a map but I would like a guide for use with this editor that explains this stuff in detail. Can you guys point me in the correct direction creating a map from scratch, then adding items, scripting, then export etc.

Thank you

World tools is not what you need to start.

Check the first 2 topics sticked on this forum for a complete tutorial guide and search on old forum threads for tons of informations.

Once you're able to deal with maps then you can unleash the power :) of world tools.

Anyway World tools manual is on about->help menu of the program.