Sign in to follow this  
x3kj

Polycounts

Hi there,

i'm pretty new to arma modding/ arma in general

Could somebody tell me a good polycount for these modeltypes:

Tanks, Cars, Handweapons, Soldiermodels, Static guns, Statics (bunker and buildingruins)?

I'm not familiar with the tools yet to look myself, but as i have to make a big pile of models before doing anything like exporting to arma it would really help if some of you could give advice :)

And a question about ingame possibilities - is it possible to give vehicles multiple light-modes (far, "stealth") and operating lights independant e.g. searchlight for tank commander and forward light for driver?

A2 supports 32k verts (DX limit). However, 1 Oxygen 2 point does not equal 1 vertex. It depends on smoothing groups applied.

A2 models:

Tanks: 12-20k range per LOD

Cars: 10-15k range per LOD

Weapons: 2-10k per LOD

Units: around 6k afaik

Multiple light sources per vehicle is possible AFAIk, as well as simple rotation based anim for it. I haven't tried it myself, so you might want another opinion on that one.

However, 1 Oxygen 2 point does not equal 1 vertex

hehe yeah that's always the problem of vertex-count. That's why i prefer tris-/polycount avoids.

A question regarding new charakters - is there a special skeleton i have to use for rigging or is it also possible to create own skeletons or modify the standard one (e.g. making shoulders wider or arms longer)?

Edited by Fennek

A2 comes with his own bones, which are hard coded afaik.

Look HERE for the A2 unit Sample (including head, body mesh and bones).

You MIGHT be able to modify the skeleton, but i am uncertain atm. Maybe someone might answer you that