Sign in to follow this  
commander1985

Weird Binarize Error

Okay i reinstalled arma2 again to check theres no error in the install.

I also deleted all objects from the map and deleted the unused in the artifical objects management (natural too) to check if something is placed outside the grid.

Both didnt work, i really think it has something to do with the configs but i still have no clue. However found some bad messages in logfile after binarize:

</world>

W:\c\Poseidon\El\FileServer\fileServer.cpp(2287) : Assertion failed '_workerThread.Size() == _nRequestsLoading'

p:\cmr\cmr_cicada\ClutterCutter.p3d -> C:\temp\cmr\cmr_cicada\ClutterCutter.p3d

Convert world p:\cmr\cmr_cicada\cmr_cicada.wrp -> C:\temp\cmr\cmr_cicada\cmr_cicada.wrp

ng

Warning: 'ca\misc\pallets_column.p3d': LODs not ordered by face count 1 (2): 662 faces < 2 (3) 992 faces

Could anything of these be the cause?

EDIT: Since i couldnt find any errors , i checked my harddrives for errors (had a partition i cant remeber after deleting win7 and installing xp again) Well looks like both Harddrives got some bad errors according to partition magic. i go make backups now and delete all and install again... hope that does it :<

Edited by Commander1985

A bit long since i posted here, i have reformated my HD. Errors on disk are gone. So after that i completly rebuilded my Tool Drive with all bis-tools2. Unpacking all pbo's etc. However i get the same error again on ovaron and my new island. However if i try to load them in the game and wait enough the game loads, but both maps dont show up in the editor, however i can see them in the armory but i get the error that it could not load the pictureShot of the map if i try to load em there :/ (i never changed the configs in ovaron for pictureshot or the the picture itself)

Any suggestions? im kinda helpless ..... man this sucks hard....

Long load/island not showing in editor/can't find pictureshot... these all sound like path errors - just like Old Bear says... either in the main island config and/or in BinPBO maybe?... could you post your current latest main island config, Commander? plus maybe a screengrab or details of all your BinPBO settings... just a guess, but it's worth checking over...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Latest Config

http://pastebin.com/Hq3DNy2a

91285325.th.jpg

84944201.th.jpg

18770685.th.jpg

P.s.

Even if it is a config error, i wonder why that happens with ovaron island too i changed nothing in config or pictureshot since last release version there... Especially the rvmat error is strange, dont know why that appeared. i used some files since 1.0 without error until now, last rvmat error i have is in Misc_trunk_torzo there....

Hi Commander.... OK... now we may be getting somewhere...

Lets go thru your stuff - starting with the BinPBO settings...

BinPBO - Options Page - from the top...

*List of files to copy directly

REMOVE "*.rvmat" and ADD "*.wrp" from this list

(When you "import mask 'n sat" it asks if you want rvmats in txt or binary - you choose txt at that stage in case you wanna read 'em - later - BinPBO will binarize them - if you chose "binary" at that import stage - you'd add them to this list so they get skipped - can't binarize twice, but you should binarize once)

Secondly - I mention *wrp since it's on MY list - don't remember changing that, so maybe that's default... (I'm not 100% sure tho - anybody else know?)

*Create log file

Ticked - thats fine

*Path to sig file

whatever it is - also fine

*Path to Temporary Folder

This is usually "P:\bin_temp

*Path to project folder

This IS wrong - gotta fix this - it should be

"P:\cmr\cmr_cicada\"

*edit*

oops - me and Synide in the next post both wrong on this one...

"Path to project folder" should read...

P:\cmr\

*Use Source path

Unticked - you're ok there

*Addon prefix

Left blank - also ok

*Automatically

This should be TICKED

...on to the BinPBO main screen - again, from the top...

*Addon source directory

This should read...

P:\cmr\cmr_cicada

NO "\" at the end!!

*Destination directory

Anywhere is fine

and the three tickboxes at the bottom are self-explanatory - you don't need to clear the temp folder EVERY time...

On to your config...

OK - look for and change the following lines...

Change this...

worldName = "\cmr\cmr_cicada\cmr_cicada.wrp";

To this...

worldName = "cmr\cmr_cicada\cmr_cicada.wrp";

This...

pictureShot = "\cmr\cmr_cicada\data\ui_selectisland_cicada_ca.paa";

To this...

pictureShot = "cmr\cmr_cicada\data\ui_selectisland_cicada_ca.paa";

and finally.....

Find this bit...

class CfgMissions {

class Cutscenes {

class cmr_cicadaIntro1 {

directory = "\cmr\cmr_cicada\data\scenes\intro.cmr_cicadaIntro1";

};

};

and change it to...

class CfgMissions {

class Cutscenes {

class cmr_cicadaIntro1 {

directory = "cmr\cmr_cicada\data\scenes\intro.cmr_cicadaIntro1";

};

};

OK - thats all I can see thats dodgy at a first glance thru - make those changes and give it another go... Can't guarantee there aren't problems elsewhere, but those fixed paths should get you in-game and running, then you can tackle any remaining picky problems...

Let us know how you get on!

B

Edited by Bushlurker

*Addon source directory

p:\cmr\cmr_cicada

*Path to project folder

p:\cmr

Edited by Synide

Works ! I feel so stupid after these basic erros *lol* However thank you very much for taking a look into this and helping me :)

*edit*

oops - me and Synide in the next post both wrong on this one...

"Path to project folder" should read...

P:\cmr\

'P:\cmr' is fine.

If you use the 2 'browse for folder' buttons for each of these fields neither append a '\' to the end of the pathname.

Works ! I feel so stupid after these basic erros *lol* However thank you very much for taking a look into this and helping me :)

congratulations !

Good on'ya Bushlurker for helping him through the mire...