Sign in to follow this  
Satchel

New quality flashpoint addons-

good work...but i dunno if i want a silence sniper rifle....but ghillie suit is welcome! biggrin.gif

Love the USMC sniper addon, except for a few nitpicks:

The M40A1 only has a 5 round mag, but in this addon it has 15. (I assume this is to allow the sniper to cary a reasonable amount of ammo, as the number of clips are limited).

The scope zoom is too much, it looks like it's even more than the M21. Considering this is a silenced (suppressed) weapon, the zoom should have been dramatically decreased.

It seems to pack as much punch as the SVD, I was getting 1 shot kills every time (again, with a suppressed weapon this is a little too much).

As a bolt action weapon I think the time between shots should be increased just a little more.

OK, enough complaints. I love the rifle model (M21?), with the cammo cloth draped over it...very nice, as is the sniper himself.

I would like to see another non-silenced version of this addon, and, maybe, some of the things I pointed out above modified. (This unit is just too powerful as it currently stands). The source files are included in the zip, so maybe I could modify it myself for my own use. Anyway, don't mean to sound like an asshole, this is an excellent addon. smile.gif

looks like that ghillie suit, and the rifle with camo cloth, are taken straight from ghost recon.

Er, just read the readme files, which addresses some of what I raised above, but also found out that the sniper can hide bodies and heal as well...that is a little TOO too much for 1 unit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ May 01 2002,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Er, just read the readme files, which addresses some of what I raised above, but also found out that the sniper can hide bodies and heal as well...that is a little TOO too much for 1 unit.<span id='postcolor'>

can always tweak the config a little bit if you don't plan on releasing it in any missions

That sniper addon gets no complaints from me whatsoever. OFP is limited in this regard, so, unfortunately, we have to sacrifice some realism in the name of playability.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ May 01 2002,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">looks like that ghillie suit, and the rifle with camo cloth, are taken straight from ghost recon.<span id='postcolor'>

no argument here. Ghost Recon modeled sniping soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than OFP did.

I'm keeping this addon. Its totally playable, totally compatable with OFP, and whats more, the ghillie suit actually blends in.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ May 01 2002,09:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no argument here. Ghost Recon modeled sniping soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than OFP did.<span id='postcolor'>

ya way better

My one gripe with this is the gun model. I would have made an actual M-40 model, and wrapped it in ghillie mterial. Other than that, its a great addon. I also honestly dont think you should have to lead as far as you do with the normal M-21. These are bullets for christ sake. Yeah, they dont travel at the speed of light, but i would think they would be around the speed they are with this addon.

I fealt i had to post my apreciation for this addon biggrin.gif

shot.jpg

Does anyone know a good tutorial about editing weapon/unit attributes? I'd like to scale this gun down a bit for personal use (I also noticed how goddamn accurate it is at extreme range, ouch! ).

What I want to know is how to modify zoom, damage, clip size, reload time (between shots) etc. and then put it back into a pbo  smile.gif

Ok Major Fubar your in luck. Ill tell ya how to do it. Firstly you will need two programs or applications: DePBO and StuffPBO. Both found at www.ofpeditingcenter.com . After you get them, grab the ghillie sniper addon, Make sure you copy it not cut it from the ADDONS file otherwise if you stuff it up, you have no addon left. Next place it in a new file. After that open up DePBO and browse for the Ghillie addon with it. After you have found it click on "extract files" (it says sumthen like that) and the addon .Pbo will now be DePBO'd. Go to the file where you first placed the addon and open up the "config.cpp". Make sure you are extremely careful with what you touch in here. Somewhere in the config.cpp you will find values for the gun that can be changed. for example:

initspeed=10000;

hit=14;

indirectHit=5;

indirectHitRange=0.100000;

minRange=1;

minRangeProbab=0.100000;

midRange=500;

midRangeProbab=0.800000;

maxRange=1200;

maxRangeProbab=0.250000;

cost=0.1;

Theres the range of the bullet and all that sorta stuff. Also you will see this too:

opticsZoomMin=0.014000;

opticsZoomMax=0.014000;

Thats the scope. The zoom. See how both values are the same. Well that means the scope has a fixed zoom. If say ZoomMin is =0.019000

And then the ZoomMax is =0.029000

Well that means it can be zoomed bacause the value is greater than the min zooms value. If im not any help, you can read tutorials, but they dont get straight to the point they slowly show you through the "whole" addon. Where as im just showing you the values of the weapon. The values i just showed above arent fromt he ghillie sniper, there from another addon. Have fun. Also let me know if you have MSN messenger and i will show you on that if you want.

Good luck

Also once you have finished changing it, save the changes. Next open StuffPBO and PBO it back with that. Once its PBO'd back up place it in the ADDONS folder and have a go of it in flashpoint!

Thanks lone soldier, I'll give that a try.

For zoom, I was thinking about 1/2 that of the M21, damage about 2/3 of M21...

Do you know what values control accuracy, and time between shots?

(I used to do some CPP programming so I should be able to muddle my way through)

Hmm, if you're done, could you send your modified version over to me too? And is there a way to get rid of the healing capabilties?

EDIT: removed old post

Niiiiiiice suit!!! download, download

Does the guy have blood textures?

-It has. Even read the readme-file after download. Cheers tounge.gif

i use pbotools it works nice. stuffs and decompresses pbos.

how do you "read" those #s tho? i want to put a 4x scope on a 1903 (temporarily until i find the amount used in reality)

Horrido!

Thats the best add-on so far I think, its just great!

Reminds me of Chavez from the movie "Clear and present danger" hehe

I dont think its too powerful, it aint got no capabilities in CQB (contrary to "normal" snipers w/ semi-auto rifles) so its kinda fair I think...

The only thing is that it looks as if the bullet has no trajactory but travels in a straight line but maybe I am just a good shot tounge.gif

grrrrrrrreetz

[76]Chavez

i can't find anything about range or damage in the ccp i'm in...but i guess that's why the MP-40 kills someone if i shoot them in the foot once confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ May 02 2002,04:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no argument here. Ghost Recon modeled sniping soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than OFP did.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you joking? The sniping in Ghost Recon is entirely unrealistic. OFP has much better and more realistic recoil and bullet trajectory design.

i can´t use HW T&L because i see the flash in the weapon constantly if it´s enabled... sad.gifsad.gif

Yes, there is sadly no way around the muzzle flash bug currently , all new addons that use modified weapons models suffer from this, until someone finds a way that is really working to eliminate it.

Personally i can´t see a difference between HW T&L and normal D3D in Flashpoint anyway, also i was used to enable this (as someone said "out of psychological reasons") before starting to check out user made weapons.

If you dislike the weapon, you can always assign a different one via the OFP Editor, i.e. standard M21 or any other weapon to the USMC sniper character.

On a test map i did a sniper/spotter team, both having the USMC sniper player model, but using different weapons (sniper: M82 Barret/ Spotter: CAR-15 Commando), works extremely well biggrin.gif.

hey satchel. long time no see.

how is your sounds pack since i last left it? it caused havoc with my of copy when trying to patch it, so i had to get rid of it. i hope your new version are more "future" proof, as it were.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ May 02 2002,21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, there is sadly no way around the muzzle flash bug currently , all new addons that use modified weapons models suffer from this, until someone finds a way that is really  working to eliminate it.

Personally i can´t see a difference between HW T&L and normal D3D in Flashpoint anyway, also i was used to enable this (as someone said "out of psychological reasons") before starting to check out user made weapons.

If you dislike the weapon, you can always assign a different one via the OFP Editor, i.e. standard M21 or any other weapon to the USMC sniper character.

On a test map i did a sniper/spotter team, both having the USMC sniper player model, but using different weapons (sniper: M82 Barret/ Spotter: CAR-15 Commando), works extremely well biggrin.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually i found a way around the muzzle bug, just pick up another weapon, drop it, and pick up the modified weapon again. It works, i usually create an ammo box with a m16 in just were i start.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ May 02 2002,21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personally i can´t see a difference between HW T&L and normal D3D in Flashpoint anyway, also i was used to enable this (as someone said "out of psychological reasons") before starting to check out user made weapons.<span id='postcolor'>

HW T&L is faster for one thing. There are also some differences in texture rendering and colors.