Sign in to follow this  
hellsgate9999

saved missions and general editing questions.

Yeah timebomb or pipebomb, dont remeber if there is any difference, but its easy to try.

epic got my load outs all fig'd out. Now a new one for you guys.

how can i place units inside buildings? if i put them down on a building they just end up on the roof. Thoughts?

googled it and found a thread or two so let me try the advice there.

Edited by hellsgate9999

Ok this has been bugging the hell out of me. I got arma 2 on steam. i bought arma 2 and then just a while ago OA. The only way i can start combined ops is by going through steam. When i click play i get a few options.

play arma 2 OA

launch in windowed mode.

and launch arma 2 combined oprations.

the first 2 starts up OA but does not load any of the content from the original. which means i can not play in windowed mode and i can not fig out how to make a shortcut for Combined ops.

I went into the install directory but still there was no icon to start combined ops. So how can i start combined ops in windowed mode? how can i make a shortcut for it? im going crazy trying to fig this out! 0_o

really? I have to download a third party program just to run CO in windowed mode? wow. way to go steam <_<

epic got my load outs all fig'd out. Now a new one for you guys.

how can i place units inside buildings? if i put them down on a building they just end up on the roof. Thoughts?

googled it and found a thread or two so let me try the advice there.

You can either place the men next to the building with an added waypoint inside the building, then the men just walks to the position in house.

You can also add this to the units init:

this setpos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 3]

Where the last number in the code is the height. If you want a guy on the first floor you set it to 2 I believe, second floor will be 4, etc. Then you can just place the men on top of the house in the editor and the men will be inside the house.

There are also more difficult ways where you exactly describe the position in an external script.

ty bootsy i actually was using that one but it was really a pain in the ass for me so i started using the waypoints but that was kinda a pain in the ass when making hostage Scenarios so after searching around a bit more i found this post in a forum.

this setPos ((getPos this nearestObject ID) buildingPos Index);

ID is the building ID which you can find by turning on "Show IDs" in the editor. Index corresponds to which building pos to place him at (enterable buildings usually have several depending on their size).

You can find building pos's by making yourself a squad leader, selecting a unit in game, and putting your cursor over a specific area of the building. The index will be 1 less than the number that shows up in your cursor (since they are 0 based, but in game they show starting at 1)

this disableai "move" (AI likes to jump off buildings)

this setunitpos "up" / this setunitpos "middle" (will prevent AI from going prone the second fighting starts, which would make AI rooftops positions rather useless)

This code has worked amazingly for me. i do not remember where i found it i think it was on another site but if someone else wants to know how to do this then post this up because i have had no problems with it at all. :)

Thanks, paste/copied that bit, that is is definitely a helpful code :)