Sign in to follow this  
Redline

Shoot down a helo then have it repaired after

in other words i want the player to see the helo get shot down (0 health) and crash.

However when the player arrives I want the helo to be damaged with a wounded crew.

so can i kill the helo and crew then 'revive' them back?

Maybe make a script that maybe monitors the helos and crew altitude and sets their health once it reaches 0?

any ideas appreciated!

I was wondering... (i was gonna post this in a new topic, but i see there's no need to waste space)

Can you damage/destroy a chopper to the point where it has to land/crash without killing the crew/passengers?

My only thought would be making everyone eject when the chopper's damage gets close to 1; but when shot with a 125mm, there really is no "close" to 1....

Why is it that when I enter this thread, some weird music comes on???

Maybe this would work:

kill the helo

let it crash

save the position of the dead helo in a variable

move the dead helo off map

move a damaged helo to where the dead helo landed

so in effect just use 2 helos.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 30 2002,22:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why is it that when I enter this thread, some weird music comes on???<span id='postcolor'>

OFP guys flash avatar....hmm, I can see that becoming annoying quite fast...hope he puts a button in it so you can toggle it on or off.

i made a sample mission that you can do what Redline suggested. Save u sometime of actually making it. Ill send it by email if u like.

biggrin.gif  hi red                        (Other note: I JUST CAN TAKE IT NO MORE!! THAT SOMEOFPGUYS MUSIC IS DRIVING ME NUTS !!!! )   mad.gif  mad.gif

Well, at first glance I think this should work:

Detect when helo is !alive then;

helo SetDammage 0.8

pilot helo Set Dammage 0.8

gunner helo Set Dammage 0.8

(play around with the numbers)

U can find the exact syntax for selecting the pilot/gunner in the command reference.

Seems to me like this should work, or maybe you still will not be able to enter the helo after the crash.... anyway you will find out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder14th @ May 02 2002,01:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(Other note: I JUST CAN TAKE IT NO MORE!! THAT SOMEOFPGUYS MUSIC IS DRIVING ME NUTS !!!! )   mad.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Turn the sound down on your PC ya pillock!

Maybe you could make a chopper get shot down, then make a trigger that activates when the chopper is dead. In the on activation box, put 'chopperdown=true' and move the dead chopper into the sea where it'll sink. Then you could put 'chopperdown' in the 'Condition of presence' box of a wounded chopper & crew.

Hope that works. wink.gif