Sign in to follow this  
Kolmain

A2 Dedicated Server

My servers show up as a red X for me but other players can connect? I am also connecting to teamspeak on the same server so im not banned, very odd.

Also, im running STEAM A2 if that helps.

Any ideas?

there are quite a few posts in this forum discussing the same thing A2 server,

I suggest doing a search.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

have done, havent found any about a red X connecting failed issue while it works for other people and not myself, although it did 10 minutes ago and then stopped.

Is it a dedicated server or a game server?

A dedicated server you can have multiple games on it, and a game server can only

have one but it can be public or private, you obviously have a public.

I have 2 private game servers both which i can only play Arma and Arma 2,

I had this problem once before myself and the problem was if I remember correctly was with battleye, or something in the server.cfg

did you you review this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73554

its in the same forum section your post here is in, talks about all steam related issue,

not sure if steam is doing it, but theres a good possibility that it is.

What you could do is, is there a friend of yours that you play with that coonects

to the server np, that you can ask what his setup is, do they have steam, is their game patched, ect.,

Do you have any mods running on the server that you yourself are somehow missing?

You got to go through a elimination process when trying to figure this stuff out

much like you would when you encounter a problem when building a computer and something goes right in the configuration.

ive gone through all that ive even run it without any config at all just basic and it still does it. Its a dedicated server running 3 instances on diffrent ports, ive also tried just running one. The server box has multiple ips, and it seems that if i connect to it twice (ie use remote desktop and teamspeak or teamspeak and arma 2) that it kills my connection completley

Hmm, sounds complicated, dont know what to tell you, rather out of my knowledge I'm only familiar with gameservers.

Only thing i can say is look through the posts in the forum,

even doing a search on dedicated servers and see what you find.

Good Luck to you.