Sign in to follow this  
kcee

What do you want to see in the next patch?

Yes I have already figured out that missiles thing. The american missiles seem to just be able to be fired and hit probablity is high where as the Hind requires greater skill I guess or as you say range. Also I only said it was a bug because others said it was, I didn't know until tonight. Them missiles are ok right up close if you fire at the right moment, I'm talking real close. Their pretty good at extreme low hieght too.

Yep that was my problem too close. Still right up close and low does get a hit at times.

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ April 30 2002,18wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yepp, Hind AT6 (?) hits only when shot from >400m. It's not a bug but a feature as BIS stated several month ago.

And Tanks are white in the HUD when they are inactive, e.g. no crew inside or the crew did not move tank or turret. So it is just another feature.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, makes some sense - thanks for the info smile.gif

Should this be the reason why they dont fire AA too; not to reveal themselves? (btw I tested Keygetys (sp) new Hawk model, tanks fired all they could at it)

Its no sport to go tank hunting if they dont fire back!!! Well there might be some sport to find them at all if one dont know where on the island they are, but once you find them they are as hard to kill as buildings!

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: Tanks AA behaviour is not consistent! Only some tank models fire at only some aircraft models!! That cant be a FEATURE, can it??

I want the ability to reverse the throttle when using a josystick and also make the rudders not fuck up on the helicopters when also using a joystick

Id like to see the cannons fire with so much punch that they plow through houses ripping huge holes with debree flying taking out supports and collapsing part of the building while making a shreak sound when the bullets travel. I think Ive watched too much tv and that isnt possible but what the hell.

OK..how about

1 - new netcode(PLEASE !!!!!!!wink.gif

2 - main gun stabilization on the tanks

3 - new maps

4 - smoke grenades for the M203

I'll think of more later, I'm sure smile.gif

1 - More crash protection / More stable game

2 - main gun stabilization on the tanks

3 - AI stops spotting / shooting through buildings

4 - new maps / MP Caimpaign

call me mr fussy but maybe in the next patch we can have water that when you shoot at it with small arms fire it dont give off a puff of dirt..... wink.gif

Hmmm.... I'd like....

1) Gunners to follow targets better.  If a T-80 moves behind a small bush ingame, your tanks gunner will lose sight of it, and miss his shot.  And gunners miss too much also!

2) Helicopters to follow targets better.  An Apache's gunner has a hard time hitting a hind at 300 meters, even though the damn thing is moving at the same speed and height as the Apache.  Its MADNESS!!!

3)Hellfires to be more powerful

4)AT-6 missiles to be more powerful

5) TOW's from Bradleys to be more powerful

6) AT-5's from BMP-2 to be more powerful (they are AT-5's, arent they? I forgot... )

Thats about it for me.

I know it won't happen-but I wish they could make the player interface less burdensome. it's a real pain to navigate thru 2 or 3 different menus to find a command while youre being fired upon. And soldiers that don't get lost and cry "where are you" whenever you run more than 10 ft away!

I posted all this at Operation Flashpoint CZ's forum, if you're experiencing deja vue (sp?):

Posted: April 09 2002,16:16    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this has already been explored, then plz forgive me and ignore my blathering.

In OFP 2.0 [or in a "mega-patch"], I should like to see, in no particular order:

Increase level of detail: I'm always comparing games, and in terms of attention to detail (and OFP is no slouch believe me), I like Medal of Honor's and Day of Defeat's detail with regard to modelling of hand/arms when holding weapons. I'd like OFP's "bear claws" tweaked, so that is doesn't appear as if the hand and weapon are melted together. And the shooting hand should actually grasp the pistol grip/ stock of the weapon. (I've looked at Day of Defeat's model in MilkShake...and it seems the weapon and hands/arms are modeled together.)

Eliminate that sinking feeling: I don't know if this will effect our ability to script units to setPos at a negative Z, i.e. below the ground, but I would hope this bug(?) that allows you to see your weapon sink into the deck when you're prone is tweaked in 2.0. This would perhaps allow my next dream item....

Allow animated/working bipods/tripods: Again, comparing games, I love that a machinegunner (in Day of Defeat) is able to deploy the mg's bipod to provide a more stable shooting platform. (This improvement/correction in animations may lead to an "improved" model of the LAW, where a deploy animation is available, i.e. the soldier drops the front and rear covers, then extends the LAW into its firing configuration....)  Come on, BIS, let's see this jewel.

Iron sights: Speaking of animations, how about a relatively true iron sights view/ animation sequence (Currently we have a rather large sight picture). Right click of the mouse (or your key of choice) and your weapon's sight is brought up to eye level, as seen in the "Infiltration" mod to Unreal Tournament. (All of this is optional for those who don't like there level of "realism" that "real".)

I see 2.0 as a single player only upgrade, which still allows us to create custom missions and models/mods for others to play.

OFP 2.5/ 3.0 would be a multiplayer only version/upgrade. I think this would lend itself to a more improved online gaming experience.

Tracked SAM Launchers.

Mud-to-mud missiles (MLRS for instance).

Physics needs to get fixed.

The AI could use some additional work.

Netcode of course.

Debugger for the script language.

Map library manager.

Mod library manager.

Script editor within the mission editor.

Marcuss all of the issues you have with the weapon hands and that sinking feeling have to do with the fact that OFP does not use a 1st person weapon overlay: everything in the game is 3rd person (the camera is moved). Most other games don't use this because of the clipping problems you've mentioned and the lack of 1st person animation and definition.. However. I LOVE it. the game is MUCH more realistic and immersive because it. What you see is what you get. Also this is why all vehicles have interiors. You ever play games that have vehicles in them but you HAVE to drive them in 3rd person, it's because the camera is not on the player model so they don't have to make an interior. This ruins the immersion for me, first you're the player then you're a god.

Also because of this your weapons do clip into objects(the ground) but they interact with the environment better. Play the SOF2 test and grab the M60. This is a big weapon but when you know that you are only one foot from a wall the gun is still there. You can tell that the gun is an optical illusion and is not really there. It also glued to your face-- this is why RedSorm does not use 1st person weapons. BI's solutioin is the best and I hope more game use this. I will probably buy BC XP because D. Smart has the same philosophy.

Ben

i'd like them to fix:

a: the god damn "2 negative" retarded AI BS i keep getting

b: not being able to pick up the last magazine off a dead guy, meaning i can only pick up 5 hand grenades off a soldier, 2 satchel charges off a spetz natz, or 0 AT missiles sad.gif

c: i forgot tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ May 02 2002,16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">c: i forgot  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Support for more memory! wink.gif

I'd like a 'centre on me' key for the map - it can be a real pain to scroll back & find where you are on it.

Keys for navigating the team in the 'gear' tab on the clipboard - or at least lock the arrows to the same place & not let them move in and out on short/long names.

I'd also like the gear to update when a team member picks up some ammo etc. currently have to close the 'map' view and reopen it to refresh

Fix the pickup as it always seems to prefer to keep grenades / satchel charges in the inventory over ammo clips & rpg rounds. VERY frustrating when you can't pick up ammo without it wanting to drop that RPG round instead of a grenade.... maybe just need more options regarding what will be dropped.

Disarming a Satchel charge (accidentally placed it for example) adds it back to inventory - why can't we reuse it?

A 'watch' command to tell your squad members to look towards the place clicked (in view/map) to make sure they spot the enemy and aren't facing the wrong way!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AndyJ @ May 03 2002,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A 'watch' command to tell your squad members to look towards the place clicked (in view/map) to make sure they spot the enemy and aren't facing the wrong way!<span id='postcolor'>

Well, just select the teammembers you want to 'use' and press the alt-key in the direction you want your troops to watch.

Arch.

This sounds a little minor, but I'd really like to see more cutscenes in the background of the main menu. Right now there's only I think 6.

I'd like the game not to exit to Windows when the editor discovers an unknown class name. This is common when editing missions where ADDONS have been removed *sigh*

Why not just bring up a dialogue within the game and not open the mission at all?

Pope Zog

hi all,

i have a few suggestions

1.carry more than 3 grenades for M203

2.respawn with more than 30 rounds

3.street lights should be able to be shot out for stealth reasons!

4.MP missions should have a short briefing before you select a mission as in the single missions.

5.fix the problem where in MP you start to get in a vehical

as the driver or whatever and you get warped to the last vehical you were in.

6.More Vehicals/Weapons for all forces

7.have Respawn/type as an option in the editor instead of having to use notepad.

8.add knives

thats all i can think of now any more thoughts?

I want a KABAR Knife tounge.gif

I want the inventory system overhauled.

I want the netcode unfucked.

And I want it now! tounge.gif