Sign in to follow this  
macjimm

ARMA2 Demo Ban problem

I own ARMA2 (retail CD) and Operation Arrowhead (CD). On occasion I still fire up the demo. I like to help the newbies getting started. And we get some good COOP game play going. I sure lots of the chaps I've played with have got pretty excited abut the level of teamwork and ended up purchasing the game

Last night we ran into a teamkiller who wouldn't stop rejoining and killing. It was persistant and after numerous attempts to kick him ... he was banned.

Trouble is now no-one can join when I host using that profile name. I can delete the ban.txt in my profile directory but then the teamkiller is no longer banned.

Any ideas how I can use the demo - host a game - and still maintain the ban for a very problematic player??????

I really don't know, sorry. If everyone on the demo has same id, it could be problematic. I've never tested the OA demo (and never will). How about kicking him and then lock the game for a while? If you host, are you able to get a fix on his IP and block him from connecting in the first place that way? Sorry, don't know much about these things.

Buy the game. :)

OP's first sentence is "I own ARMA2 (retail CD) and Operation Arrowhead (CD).".

If you host, are you able to get a fix on his IP and block him from connecting in the first place that way?

That sounds good. How do I do that?

I had this problem too when I got the demo, the problem is everyone who has the demo has the same player ID, to fix go into the demo game folder and find the ban.txt there should only be one player ID in there something like 9999. Take it out and save and your problem will be all fixed.