Sign in to follow this  
Janat

Takistan Map High Resolution 14883x14884

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?sudurhnwjiv2bh7

44.34 MB rar file, contains one jpg picture and a readme txt file. Shows the entire Takistan map in a high resolution (14883px*14884px) file. I took 138 screenshots in ArmA II OA Editor and put them together in GIMP 2.8. The whole process took me approximately 10 hours. I hope you enjoy my work :)

Also, I'm aware that Tankbuster has released a high resolution Takistan map before, but the problem with it was that the grid size was different to ingame grid size, and airstrips and some other stuff like road numbers weren't there. So I made my own version. Here's the thread I'm talking about: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104882

Ha ha, that's cool :)

Are you constructing a new Arma 2 website or something?

Edited by Janat

Ha ha, that's cool :)

Are you constructing a new Arma 2 website or something?

I realy dont know. I only was fooling around with my new website style. I guess it will have an ArmA section, not sure yet. I dont plan anything particular other than presenting some personal vids etc.

I tried to create such a map but not based on the one in the editor but real ingame (bird view). With the help of some good forum members here we created a script that took the screenshots automatically while jumping from one cluster to the next. So far so good. But unfortunately the clusters didnt quite fit together. I guess because of some strange phenomena of perspective. Mission failed.

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

The whole process took me approximately 10 hours. I hope you enjoy my work :)

Left-Shift + NumPad-Minus, then type topography - takes approximately 10 seconds. :)

Nice work though. :yay:

Left-Shift + NumPad-Minus, then type topography - takes approximately 10 seconds. :)

Nice work though. :yay:

That doesn't include any map legends.

That doesn't include any map legends.

That's what the other 9 seconds are for! :p

That's what the other 9 seconds are for! :p

Hehe. It took me the best part of half a day to gather all the town names from the cpp and put them on the map.

Gotta be fast if you typed even those town names in 9 secs...

Janat, thankyou very much for your effort. I'm gonna print this on some reasonable size paper and keep it for reference.

Cheers,

OP