Sign in to follow this  
follow through

Sound packs

i noticed another sound pack posted on operationflashpoint.cz

i count at least 3 sound packs available now any idea whats the best?confused.gif??

not sure of the others but satchels sound pack is absolutely fantastic.

Indeed, Satchel's soundpack is the best. A must-have for every OFP fan smile.gif

Moving to Addons & Mods...

Should we really promote something that allows cheating?

Simple change in the config.cpp and the person could have a tank that goes 1000mph... or armor of 10000... or make normal bullets do 1000 damage with explosive abilities.

Not good...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigQEd @ April 26 2002,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Should we really promote something that allows cheating?

Simple change in the config.cpp and the person could have a tank that goes 1000mph... or armor of 10000... or make normal bullets do 1000 damage with explosive abilities.

Not good...<span id='postcolor'>

What??

What the hell are you talking about?

You can't modify existing classes, you'd have to make your own addon for something like that.

It's NOT cheating. It's... Addon making smile.gif

If I remember Satchel's statement correctly, then I think he is working with BIS to encrypt his .cpp so it can't be edited freely, thus reducing the possibility of cheating.

I think Satchel's sound pack is amazing and I would hate to see it go.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 27 2002,15:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I remember Satchel's statement correctly, then I think he is working with BIS to encrypt his .cpp so it can't be edited freely, thus reducing the possibility of cheating.

I think Satchel's sound pack is amazing and I would hate to see it go.<span id='postcolor'>

actually, as i remeber, satchel suggested to BIS regarding encrypting config.cpp, but i do not know if BIS is working with Satchel on this one

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 27 2002,17:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">actually, as i remeber, satchel suggested to BIS regarding encrypting config.cpp, but i do not know if BIS is working with Satchel on this one<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know that either. I don't like edited config. I won't use any addon with edited config because of the muliplayer and because i'm not sure what's changed in there. I will always use offical config and nothing else. I don't mind changing the sound.pbo. I changed a few sounds in the sound.pbo. I replaced them with a few sounds from other sound pack. Some of them are made by me too. The same as Wright did with his sound pack.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ April 27 2002,07:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's NOT cheating.  It's...  Addon making smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok... you keep telling yourself that and someday we may believe it...

It is well known that modifying the config.cpp can be used for cheating. Satchels Sound pack and all others CAN be used for cheating. This IS a FACT. wink.gif

Erm, can i have a link, too?

"Cheers" -Where everyone knows your name...

"hey Ted, err, joe, or whats-your-face...." biggrin.gif