Sign in to follow this  
MadsHilde

Mouselag

Is there anything to do about the mouselag? It is so extreme in this game. Even when I got 60fps I have extreme mouselag. My mouse sensitivity is very low, it helps a little.

By mouselag I mean, when I turn the mouse quickly I turn too much in-game because it doesn't stop turning at the exact same time as I stop the mouse.

Try disabling mouse-smoothing in options. Move the slider all the way to the left:).

Hmm, it took almost all the mouselag now it just moves very unprecise and jumpy.

Am I the only one with those symptoms?

Try upping mouse-smoothing a bit (Until its precise enough) and disable vSync and 'Render frames ahead'(nVidia)/'Flip queue size'(Ati) to 1 in your driver settings. (I use Ati Tray Tools for my HD4870 because CCC is lacking options)

There is a setting in the cfg file which will interest you i think.

This file:

C:\Users\username\Documents\ArmA 2\ArmA2OA.cfg

And this setting:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

The default value the game is using is 3. Lower it to 1 and the game will feel like a real FPS game. Direct response to your input. But, it will cost you some frames. A price i was more then ready to pay to get a quick reacting game experience.

Give it a try. Should have been the default setting but it isnt. Another example of the not optimal default settings of our beloved game.

Maybe try smoothing in game all the way up, cause on mine 50% gives my lag also, a lot of skipping of mouse movement, all the way up makes it lose that..

I recommend setting the mouse x- and y-values in your .arma2profile to very low values (i have mine set to 0.12 and 0.25 x/y), disabling mouse-smoothing completely and increasing the Hardware-DPI-setting in your mouse, if possible. (e.g. 400 to 800).

I further recommend the other tips here about Vsync and prerendered frames.:)