Sign in to follow this  
luckyhendrix

How to populate MP Mission with civilian

The new environement of Arrowhead related to afghanistan, makes mission without civilian look weird because they are an important part of warfare and also because with all the building entrable the map looks like a ghost town without them.

I've read that the Ambiant civilian module don't work on dedicated server, so I'm looking for the most efficient/good looking way to add civilian to the map.

I've tried to add group of civilans in town with a dismissed waypoint, but it looks bad as they often walk away from the town. untill now the best way i've found is to add them individualy, some in the house, some on the road, with patrol waypoint. But it takes a lot of time. So isn't there any better way than doing it manualy like I do right now ?

it looks interresing , but I just rapidly read the readme. Does all client have to install the addon ? it would be more practical if it was in a purely script/mission based form.

I use UPSMON or UPS and then there is housepatrol.

They are all script based, heaps of options and they work really well. You define the area you'd like them to 'patrol' with an invisible marker and then off they go. No waypoints or anything.

Too easy. :)

Ok, I'll try the fixed ALICE2, as I tried using a mix of UPS and housePatrol script but it was not very good looking , UPS makes unit patrol on road and most takistani villages don't have a lot of roads

Maybe you could try WICT I created. It will be soon available for multiplayer too, so you could stay tuned.

Some people are already working on OA version and you can try some SP with v1.0 and v1.5.

The current version is 1.5, the 1.8 will be available today I hope so. For now it is tested for single player. The version 2 will be multiplayer compatible.

Cheers

--EDIT--

didn't see civilians... so sorry :(

Edited by ArmAIIholic

As far as stability goes, ALICE2 module has lasted in a mission for over 4 days, without causing memory issues like the ALICE1 (non-OA) module did.