Sign in to follow this  
EvilErny

Cannot place units anymore?

For some reason, I believe after I installed OA, when I try to place a unit on the map, it will not let me. With "Units" selected, if I click once I get the cursor for dragging a box. If I double click, I get nothing. Every now and then, it will work but that is quite rare. Is there something new with OA, am I bugged, or do I need to reinstall.

I have the D2D version (Not the Steam version) and the disk for OA. COuld that be a problem. Everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks

This is in the wrong section! it should be here: ArmA 2 & OA - TROUBLESHOOTING

And id personally say your game may be currupted somehow, and the last part I dont understand:

I have the D2D version (Not the Steam version) and the disk for OA. COuld that be a problem. Everything else seems to work fine.

You mean you have ArmA2 D2D version, and the OA Expansion on disk?

This could also be the problem if so, as steam/D2D/and disk are somewhat different structure in ways! there are numerous problems cause Steam/D2D games etc...

Hope this can help you anyways, but you really need to ask in the right section. ;)

Hi, yep I'm having the same problem. Using Combined ops dvd, patched to 1.52 and inserting units is unreliable. double click is fine in windows, double clicking in editor to insert a unit (or markets, etc) rarely works.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I have the exact same problem... I even reinstalled everything and it still exists...