Sign in to follow this  
Roger Johnson

What happened to the old Multiplayer-Variant, "Razor Something"?

Hey I remember a mulitplayer variant from ArmA 1 & 2 where you were fighting around an airport, and could conquer different respawn-points like "Airport", "Village 1", "Radio Tower" etc. I think it was called "Razor Evolution" or something.

I cant find this variant anymore, only the "Warfare Lite" variant that takes place on the whole map and where you often drive for 10min without anything happening.

Edited by Roger Johnson

Berzerker?

Berzerker?

Ahhh yeah that was it, thanks:D

Sorry for strange description, it has been a while...Yeah anyway, what happened to it? It was quite popular when I played ArmA, but now Im not able to find a single server...

It's natural for the description to be vague if you don't remember much. Don't worry. As for why they aren't played anymore? The Berzerk(er) missions I played were for ArmA 1. I don't think anyone has ported them over/made new ones for OA yet.

Edit: And if they did I bet servers running them would become popular. :)

I don't think anyone has ported them over/made new ones for OA yet.

They have! I used to jump on DAO.nu Berzerk server but when looking at todays server I only see a French one running Berzerk but seen some RU servers as well before.

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Type in "Berzerk" as filter on above web or in game.

Lately I've mostly joined Charlie Foxtrot's Public Server (quite similar gamestyle as Berzerk), great guys all around with good teamwork if CF people is on, highly recommended!

To find it type in "Charlie" as filter on above web or in game.

And also check out the servers running something called AAS - Advance And Secure.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

They have! I used to jump on DAO.nu Berzerk server but when looking at todays server I only see a French one running Berzerk but seen some RU servers as well before.

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Type in "Berzerk" as filter on above web or in game.

Lately I've mostly joined Charlie Foxtrot's Public Server (quite similar gamestyle as Berzerk), great guys all around with good teamwork if CF people is on, highly recommended!

To find it type in "Charlie" as filter on above web or in game.

And also check out the servers running something called AAS - Advance And Secure.

/KC

Many many thanks, I really was missing that kind of gameplay. Im just not the guy for warfare, you drive around for minutes, then "BOOM" some russian freak who has been lying there for two hours peeing in a cup blows you away.

Unfortunatly both Charlie Foxtrot and AAS only feature around 2-3 players...Berzerk is simply nonexistent. I think its the same thing I noticed in the "addons" section, the community has moved even more towards realism and away from quick "action".

Edited by Roger Johnson

Unfortunatly both Charlie Foxtrot and AAS only feature around 2-3 players...Berzerk is simply nonexistent.

It depends on time of the day, check again later at around 1800-2100 GMT when people are back home from work/school/whatever. Usually there are 50-80 players on Charlie Foxtrott a regular evening.

Also remember that the key to success in ArmA II is teamwork. Seems like some ppl are missing that and roam around like lone wolfs and thus getting killed since the other team use teamwork and tactics, i.e hook up with at least one battle buddy and you will have better chance staying alive!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

It depends on time of the day, check again later at around 1800-2100 GMT when people are back from work/school. Usually there are 50-80 players on Charlie Foxtrott a regular evening.

Also remember that the key to success in ArmA II is teamwork. Seems like some ppl are missing that and roam around like lone wolfs and thus getting killed since the other team use teamwork and tactics, i.e hook up with at least one battle buddy and you will have better chance staying alive!

/KC

Are you referring to my post about Warfare? How are you supposed to teamplay on warfare, when Im online there are about 30 other guys on, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is in a different village. Sniping.

Are you referring to my post about Warfare? How are you supposed to teamplay on warfare, when Im online there are about 30 other guys on, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is in a different village. Sniping.

Warfare isn't really my type of game and I have very little experience with it but I guess you can apply teamwork there as well with good outcome (via chat and/or VON).

I was mainly refering to the Charlie Foxtrott server where teamwork is mandatory on both sides if lots of CF guys are logged on - people not adapting it usually die very quickly ;)

CF is really a PvP tournament with a weekly 3 hour battle on Sundays (check out their web at http://cfarma2.com) but they also have this public server up (at least for now).

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

CF & AAS for the win, at the moment. CF server + BaseCamp for AAS, are mostly filled at Euro prime time (8PM-01AM GMT)

Thanks for mentioning AAS guys. You find a List of AAS-Servers here.

Just follow the Gametracker-Links for more details such as these for the Basecamp-Server for example:

server_players.png