Sign in to follow this  
tezz

Arma2 Standard Edition Help

Ok So I have ARMA2 And it's updated to Patch 1.07 but I'm having issues that never happened before. The Game was reinstalled after windows was restored (running on vista home) But this time it doesn't want to work heres some of the problems I'm having

-Xbox 360 controller not recognized as controller with scheme and doesn't operate

- It says patch 1.07 is available even though installed

- refuses enter game mode on some MP servers and sometimes just instantly kicks me from server

Thanks In advance for any support :)

Dont know about the controller issue.

The game telling you to update is a bug; but it's alright as long as it says 1.07.xxxx in the main menu. The multiplayer issue is probably due to you not having the required mods for the server; or you're running mods that the server doesn't accept. Make sure you look at the mod list on the server and have the right ones + bisign files. Also a lot of servers "upgraded" to Combined ops/OA so just vanilla Arma2 won't run on them.

The "Patch 1.07 available" message appears only when you click on multiplayer and is just a reminder. Nothing is wrong with your game (the message doesn't imply you don't have the patch).

Maybe the servers from which you get kicked use mods (the majority do). Whether a server uses mods is usually (not always) written in the server name. Anyway, the in-game GUI for joining multiplayer games is quite bulky. You can download an external program to join multiplayer games. For example: Yoma's Addon Sync tells you exactly which mods a server uses. Or you can simply read the server messages right before you get kicked. The server will tell you which files (mods) you lack. You can then download the appropriate mods or avoid the servers with mods.

Don't know about the controller. Sorry, but:

Xbox 360 controller... For arma? FPDR