Sign in to follow this  
adrian858

Units acting independently in a group

Hi,

So I've been hitting a brick wall for a little while now concerning units in a group forming up, when I'd like them to stay where I put them in the editor.

What I've used up until this point is the "disableAI "MOVE"" initialization command to stop units from going to the group leader get into formation, but the problem is, I still want the AI to act independently and move to attack targets when they see them, just not form up with the group leader at any time.

If anyone would be able to give me a hand with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Set them to 'None' instead of 'In Formation' then in their init field:

doStop this;

I've tried that, the NPC's will shoot and change stance, but they'll still stay where they're placed in the editor, even if a humvee rolls by shooting at them, unlike a normal squad that will move around a bit... I really don't get it lol...

Originally I was using "this disableAI "MOVE"" in the soldiers Init field, and the "doStop this;" command appears to be doing the exact same thing.

EDIT:

Hmm... Okay, so I went in game, let them shoot at something for a while, then all of the sudden they started to move around... So I think it works now, but at first, they were staying still as before. A couple soldiers with RPG's were going back and forth between crouch and prone.

Edited by Adrian858

Place single soldiers, no groups

By the way you can set the unitbehavior in waypoints to danger to force them to cover each other and go for cover. If you mean that.

Edited by Pain0815

Placing single soldiers in my mission will put me over the 144 group limit, however, I think it works properly now with the "doStop this" init command, been testing it all day, and it seems to be all good.

Thanks for the help.

just a thought have you tried the dismissed waypoint, they do stay in a group but wonder off on their own from time to time. You do need to make then a true group grp1 = groupt this in the leaders init.

Edited by F2k Sel