Sign in to follow this  
jgdj19

ARMA 2 and OA - pacthes and playing other versions

Hi guys,

Regarding Original (stock) ARMA 2, Opertaion Arrowhead, Combined Operations and the New British DLC pack:

1) I have ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead that I have bought separately, I have used the utility to combine the two and get combined operations. What do I need to patch in the future when updates are released? ARMA 2, Operation Arrowhead, or both?

2) If I download the new british DLC, can I use that with people who don't have the DLC? Or does everyone in the game need to have the DLC to be able to use the British gear? I guess what I am asking is if I have a mission with british vehicles etc, can people who don't have the DLC play the mission?

Thanks in advance.

1) I have ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead that I have bought separately, I have used the utility to combine the two and get combined operations. What do I need to patch in the future when updates are released? ARMA 2, Operation Arrowhead, or both?

Normally you would need to patch both, but if I remember correctly, the 1.52 patch for OA contained the 1.07 patch for A2, so I'm guessing future patches will be the same: all in one package.

2) If I download the new british DLC, can I use that with people who don't have the DLC? Or does everyone in the game need to have the DLC to be able to use the British gear? I guess what I am asking is if I have a mission with british vehicles etc, can people who don't have the DLC play the mission?

This is still unclear. Normally it would be like every other addon, i.e. if a mission requires it, everyone needs it. But Maruk has indicated that they will try to avoid this issue somehow. No one knows how yet though, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

It should be noted that merely having the DLC does not mean you cannot play with people who don't have it. It only depends on whether or not the current mission requires it.