Sign in to follow this  
islesfan186

Mi-8/17 problem in combined ops

stumbled upon this by accident. i was using the UN Mi-8 in the armory just cuz its been a while since i last played arma to hone my flying skills. it didnt offer me any "taxi" challenges, so when i went to the civilian Mi-17, it kept just blowing up as soon as id start engines. same with the Russian Mi-8MVT or whatever..the one with the rockets. if i put either the rusky mi-8 or the civ mi-17 start off in the air, the Tail rotor seems to be attached to the main rotor, spinning around and around with it like its stuck to one of the blades, and as soon as you touch down on the ground, the rear 2 landing struts collapse into the airframe. if you start out on the ground, 1/2 the heliocopter is shoved into the ground, and as soon as you start engines, the thing goes flipping into the air and then blows up.

if i restart the entire game, and i use either the civ chopper or the rusky mi-8 before i use the UN one, no issues. but if i use those 2 first, and then the UN one, one of the door guns does what the tail rotor does on the other 2, seems invisibly attached to a blade and then spins around and around? i dont know if its just me or if other people are having this issue. i didnt find it on the main Arma 2/OA troubleshooting thread or anywhere else, so maybe my best bet would be to just uninstall and re-install both games? any suggestions/help would be appreciated. thanks

Also the little fans inside spin around the whole cockpit lol i think it was already reported a while ago though.