Sign in to follow this  
Iloveshootingcattle

Non steam Arma 2 + steam OA?

I am just about to purchase Operation Arrowhead on steam but i just want to make sure that it will work with my non steam Arma:2 first. I dont want to end up with 2 stand alone versions of the game.

Has anyone else done this and can confirm its all good? Or should i just wait till i can go and buy a copy?

I am just about to purchase Operation Arrowhead on steam but i just want to make sure that it will work with my non steam Arma:2 first. I dont want to end up with 2 stand alone versions of the game.

Has anyone else done this and can confirm its all good? Or should i just wait till i can go and buy a copy?

It is possible but somewhat tricky to set up. I would recommend getting the disc or Sprocket version.

Im doing that. I can play OA, ARMA2 or CO with no problems so far.

But I have not tested any mod (The vanilla game is good enough for now). Future patches might get things even better.

1. Nothing tricky about it. You choose "Launch Combined Operations" on OA in steam.

2. Or you can read though this thread, or download one of the .cmd files to use as a shortcut. And then edit if you want to add more mods/startup parameters.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214

3. Or you simply use the mod parameter on a shortcut you created for ArmA2OA.exe to point to the A2 installation folder, e.g:

-mod=D:\A2;Expansion;ca

You will have to edit the registry once you have moved your ArmA 2 folder to a directory path with no spaces in it. http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1700487&postcount=25

Its pulls the paths to the vanilla ArmA II out of the registry right? So aslong as it in there correctly its should be able to find your game