Sign in to follow this  
Spudgunner

Eagle Wing - point Icarus problem/bug

I've played through this mission sucessfully before, but this time, since using the latest patch, the campaign doesn't move on to the next stage. After destroying the chopper (thus killing the high ranking officer) at point Icarus, nothing happens. Also, there's an APC firing at me, but I cannot select the target in auto or manual mode with the tab key.

Last time, Tim (gunner) said something like "...he flew too close to the sun", then there was a radio message warning to get out of the area (nuke time). Any thoughts or solutions?

You need to destroy the heli and the APC. If you can't lock on use manual fire and do a Hydra run.

ive had a few probs with the mission, once the choper landed but didnt get destroyed!

i have reloaded like a dozen times to get thru.

You need to destroy the heli and the APC. If you can't lock on use manual fire and do a Hydra run.

The external view of the chopper shows that Hydra rocket pods are installed, but all I can select with the F key are the sidewinders missiles or cannon. The same is true in manual mode.

After the radio to go out of the area y normaly got a waypoint to your ship.

Maybe a trigger won´t do his job, then u have to restart the mission (it´s a short mission,wan´t hurt bad).

Use the cannon on it then. Although i'm almost positive I used hydras to take out the APC and Hind.

I tried restarting 3 times, but there is still a problem. Maybe the hydra pods lack ammo but others say they should be available. I watched a

where A-A missiles were deployed as A-G. Tried it myself, but it doesn't work. Not that it should, as sidewinders have heat seeking guidance designed for rear aspect tail-pipe shots.

Also, I noticed that in the editor, the chopper has a strange command in its init box, enablesimulation galse. :eek: I guess galse was meant to be false. The editor shouldn't have accepted it. But I can't see how that would cause the problems I'm having though.

Its funny how the more patches there are, the more problems seems to arise. Looks like both campaigns are broken for me.

---------- Post added at 01:37 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

Use the cannon on it then. Although i'm almost positive I used hydras to take out the APC and Hind.

Cannons is all I have, but it not enough. I can blaze away for a good 10 seconds and the same vehicles still survive. Also, not all vehicles cannot be selected when I hit the tab key. The weapon is too weak for suicide runs - I need those hydras. Even so, once I destroy the chopper, the job should be done.

Edited by Spudgunner
typo

I tried restarting 3 times, but there is still a problem. Maybe the hydra pods lack ammo but others say they should be available. I watched a
where A-A missiles were deployed as A-G. Tried it myself, but it doesn't work. Not that it should, as sidewinders have heat seeking guidance designed for rear aspect tail-pipe shots.

Also, I noticed that in the editor, the chopper has a strange command in its init box, enablesimulation galse. :eek: I guess galse was meant to be false. The editor shouldn't have accepted it. But I can't see how that would cause the problems I'm having though.

Its funny how the more patches there are, the more problems seems to arise. Looks like both campaigns are broken for me.

---------- Post added at 01:37 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

Cannons is all I have, but it not enough. I can blaze away for a good 10 seconds and the same vehicles still survive. Also, not all vehicles cannot be selected when I hit the tab key. The weapon is too weak for suicide runs - I need those hydras. Even so, once I destroy the chopper, the job should be done.

Try hitting 2 to find targets

Try hitting 2 to find targets

Done that but something is firing thats not showing up there. Must be militant livestock ;). I'll try again though, easy to forget that function in the face of doom.

The init.sqf file shows rah1 removeweapon "FFARLauncher"; Looks like they decided to remove the hydra rockets with the latest patch, so its no bug at least.

In the FSM file, it looks like I have to kill Icarus (helio), the T-72 tank & BTR-90. :butbut: Not easy to kill the tank with just the cannon.

Edited by Spudgunner
typo

Its impossible with the cannon - as it should be. Thats why tab doesn't select the tank with the cannon. Its hard to believe the mission designer wants us to knock out the tank with AA missiles, the only other alternative. Maybe, we supposed to land and look for a AT weapon. Even with AA - when I can fly close enough to get a hit - hardly scratches the tank. I'll have to workout how to get the Hydras back or just replace the tank with a soft target - perhaps a sleepy AA vehicle or another APC. When faced with impossibility...cheat.

If you fire enough shots at it it should die. It isn't invincible. I take out the tanks with cannons all the time.