Sign in to follow this  
Mara1681

ArmA 2 - problem with helicopter

Hi All

I try to create a new mission with ACR (Army of Czech Republic) and I used helicopters to transport a group near the city Feruz Abad.

But here is a problem, as soon as the helicopter lands and drops off the group, then the helicopter must take off and fly away, but it doesn't take off.

And I don't know why, is here someone who can help me or tell me the reason please? Looking forward for your answers... :)

I think you will get more help in the EDITING part of the forum.

Please make sure you post in the right forum before you submit your post.

This is the 4th thread I move today.

Mission editing? No I think it is a game bug!

1. I created helicopter and group.

2. I set two waypoints to helicopter:

- first waypoint Unload Cargo

- second waypoint Move away

3. I moved the group into the helicopter with the help of this command - {_x moveInCargo hel1} forEach units group this

The helicopter lands and drops off the group (first waypoint Unload Cargo), then the helicopter must take off and fly away (second waypoint Move), but it doesn't take off. Is there some reason, how to explain it?

Edited by Mara1681

Post your mission or code please. It's far more likely you've got something wrong in the code than it is a game bug. :)

I highly doubt it's a bug. I use helicopter insertions very often and they always are flying away to their next waypoint.

[url]http://www.edisk.cz/stahni/08442/BUG.Takistan.zip_1.6KB.html[/url]

I see the reason, the 2nd waypoint is in the "empty land".

The AI won't fly inside that area or out of it, that is indeed a problem with the game.

You can avoid the problem when you place the waypoint inside the "allowed" area.

Suggestion: Make the helicopter fly to the airfield in the south and then either make the crew get out or delete the helicopter and crew in a trigger with:

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew vrt1); deleteVehicle vrt1

Hey guys, sorry for jacking thread, but I also have a problem with heli and i didnt wanna create another thread, so here it goes: I wanna make chopper drop troops is a combat zone, but once they shoot at the heli, it will simply abort the waypoints and fly away(or not!) and just hover. I set it to careless, but it didnt help. Any idea?

this setCaptive true;

in the helo's init field should protect it from AI.