Sign in to follow this  
BlastinFooz619

Are the red hammer missions as good as OFP????

i know alot of people are already workin hard to beat the new red hammer version but is it worth the money or is it just a simple change of teams?

I got it and I am 4 missions into it and i love it. It is more infantry based (so far) and I for 1 think its better then most of the original camp missions.

It is good, but theres some problems.

PROS

1) Civilians are cuaght in street fighting crossfire

2) Buildings are much more useful, as the game includes alot of street fighting.

3) You play as the Russians

4) Tank missions are fun once you get used to them

5) Campaign is well designed

CONS

1) Bugs :-(

2) Some ridiculusly hard missions

3) Dodgy Mission objectives

4) Some of the Russian Voices are extremly stupid

5) No new weaponry

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from MotherRussiaAK74 on 3:50 am on Dec. 18, 2001

It is good, but theres some problems.

PROS

2) Buildings are much more useful, as the game includes alot of street fighting.

3) You play as the Russians

4) Tank missions are fun once you get used to them

5) Campaign is well designed

CONS

1) Bugs :-(

2) Some ridiculusly hard missions

3) Dodgy Mission objectives

4) Some of the Russian Voices are extremly stupid

5) No new weaponry<span id='postcolor'>

I don't agree with your cons.

-There is no bugs

-Missions are fun. (You just need more practice)

-Mission objecives are just fine for me

-I agree with that. Some Russian voices are really stupid. Radio voices are like robot speaking.

-CM is not an developer. Weapons are made by BIS and those released in v1.30 patch are in Red Hammer. Only bad thing is that u don't have Bizon in the game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Only bad thing is that u don't have Bizon in the game. <span id='postcolor'>

Haven't seen the Bradley or the BMP-2 either. Pity.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from SpaceAlex on 1:56 pm on Dec. 18, 2001

I don't agree with your cons.

-There is no bugs

<span id='postcolor'>

There are plenty of sound bug. Just look at the intro where Demitri is talking at the same time as the officer. I can live with it though, but I feel a bit like this is a ripoff.

Those who supported BIS by buying the bug riddled version 1.0 should ofcourse be given Redhammer free of charge, just as those who now buy the gold edition. Especially after being a betatester for months mad.gif

I don't need practice I beat it 2 days ago... I really like the base building in the "Alamo" mission. I had alot of fun with that. Replayed it a few times.

(Edited by MotherRussiaAK74 at 5:54 am on Dec. 19, 2001)

There are a few new american weapons: Steyr and G32. Of course you can only get them by stealing them from your victims.

They arn't new they were in the game before... besides that they weren't even used by any army yet. I don't even think the G36 was on the drawing board...

I'm in the third mission and find it to be a great campaign as a Russian soldier, fantastic add-on.

Are the Red Hammer missions harder than original OFP missions? I'm asking because I found the original OFP missions to be too easy (but very good).

They are hard, but some of them are poorly written, basically the ideas are not thought through entirly. But, that doesn't stop it from being great. Oh yeah, the cmapaign takes the stupidist turn I have ever seen..

(Edited by MotherRussiaAK74 at 10:07 pm on Dec. 19, 2001)

Its decent enough for the price but some of the missions are a bit silly. Asking you to capture three enemy bases and destroy a dozen armoured vehicles with only four men under your command.

I think the designers were too much influenced by things like Rambo or Project IGI and didn't really grasp the squad concept.

Some very good missions also though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from John C Flett on 10:26 am on Dec. 20, 2001

Its decent enough for the price but some of the missions are a bit silly. Asking you to capture three enemy bases and destroy a dozen armoured vehicles with only four men under your command.

I think the designers were too much influenced by things like Rambo or Project IGI and didn't really grasp the squad concept.

Some very good missions also though.<span id='postcolor'>

I entirely agree with the last part, in whole it seems way to John Waynish, or 007. The squad element is lost considerably in this campaign. The mission "Race against Time" I found impossible on Veteran settings, only with extended armor on could I ever make it to Sergie in time.

I think that the idea is to avoid encounters besides your objective.

I think that is great, because it add to the realism that there also are soldiers that no necessarily has anything to do with the mission at hand, just like the civilians.

If you are refering to the mission I was describing Tor, uh there really isn't a way to avoid all the crap on the island as far as I know, and if you try to go around it you will fail the mission. I just turned on extended armor switched to the driver and drove like a mad man, Managed to shoot down both Mi17s and the Hind on the move too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedRogue on 2:56 am on Dec. 21, 2001

If you are refering to the mission I was describing Tor, uh there really isn't a way to avoid all the crap on the island as far as I know, and if you try to go around it you will fail the mission. I just turned on extended armor switched to the driver and drove like a mad man, Managed to shoot down both Mi17s and the Hind on the move too.

<span id='postcolor'>

Now that I have tried that too, I would still say that you just heed to stay clear of the bad guys. Forget the tanks just leave on foot and run all the way. Then when you've liberated Sergie, take the Shilka and blast the hind away. Find the vehicle's at the beach and kill the solders from the Shilka, then take the BDRM and race along the cost avoiding all encounters.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from MotherRussiaAK74 on 2:50 am on Dec. 18, 2001

PROS

<span id='postcolor'>

oh well, s**t happens smile.gif

lol on the mission where u have to transport angelina, i got the keys off the guy b4 taking out the T55

the T55 saw me and started shooting at the building mowing down the civilian leaving me alive :biggrin: