Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

Load EDEN without loading mods?

Hi,

Eden Editor does seem to load and initialize mods as well. Is it possible to have Eden start without initializing mods, just with the barebones map?

Without the 2D editor it feels that at some day we aren't able to quickly open editor any more (eden feels a bit... fat).

TIA

Umm... dont launch Arma with mods, then the Eden wont be able to initialize the mods content?! If your talking about loading Eden into an empty map (much like launching Arma with -world=Empty) this is not a feature (as of yet)

I'm talking about EDEN just loading the map. When entering mission, then I want all addon magic to be done. Currently it seems to happen twice. What I e.g. saw was my weather mod already doing weather magic inside Eden, but re-init upon entering mission. Somewhat a waste of computing.

But of course you are right. No loading mods would mean I couldn't place their assets for instance. Hmm. It's just... loading EDEN feels loading something unnecessary fat.

How is the weather mod initialized? If it's a module which is using Module Framework, it shouldn't be executed in Eden workspace at all. If it's a module outside of the framework or some automatic (e.g., preInit or postInit) function, I recommend to abort the functionality when is3DEN command returns true.

Actually this is a great example of why i agree:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25977

I think the editor needs to stop loading the MODs functions (to your point) until preview and then exit again after returning to editor to avoid issues like the feedback post.  I know it's not BIS problem, but this game is heavy around MODs and this will bring a lot of frustration to people including myself.  Hope you understand

How is the weather mod initialized? If it's a module which is using Module Framework, it shouldn't be executed in Eden workspace at all. If it's a module outside of the framework or some automatic (e.g., preInit or postInit) function, I recommend to abort the functionality when is3DEN command returns true.

It's a mod and I have no clue about the module framework, the pbo/config/init part of my mod was a lot of copy/paste, after all I was happy it worked.

Yeah I'm checking for isServer and is3DEN now at the very beginning of unit, thanks, it works.

BTW, "is3DEN" terminology will lead to confusion and waste many peoples time, that is already for sure. "Eden" is in our mind, not "ThreeDen". But "3DES".