Sign in to follow this  
Wylander

Arma II Don't Start after Installation.... :(

Hi, i have a very big problem.

After i have installed arma II when i click for launch the game... DOn't START... the arrow "think" and then...nothing...

and when i insert the cd the autoplay don't start.. i start it into cd...

I have a NVIDIA Ge FOrce 9800 Gt. maybe is this the problem?

I have read the other sticky thread but i'm italian and don't understand very well the "nvidia control panel instruction".

If someone can told me if there's a possibility!

I don't think that the cd is broke, but after the installation if i click Unistall ...the MEssage is "!!! MISSING STRINGS" and the bohemia interactive vanish from start-programs... but in the hard disk the file is here!!

P.S. Sorry for my english, but i'm italian

P.P.S. HELP ME!!!

HI!

I had the same problem. Just download the latest gamepatch and install it.

Then it would run...

You Play?

Another question...

But the autoplay start when you insert the disc?

Because i must play it from the launcher directory...

Very strange...

It's a problem with activation. The patch should fix it, if not then you may have to reinstall windows or at least do a system restore.

It's a problem with activation. The patch should fix it, if not then you may have to reinstall windows or at least do a system restore.

No...the patch don't Fix it.... the installation seems FalsE!

i don't know how i can resolve..

If someone had the same problem, plz tell me..

I've seen the problem going around, basically when it installed it never activated properly. You can uninstall arma 2, delete the directory and delete any registry keys related to arma 2 (especially hklm-> software-> Bohemia interactive -> arma 2) then try reinstall from the original DVD. If that doesn't work then you may have to reinstall windows.

I would write that again in Italian but my Italian is worse than your English, sorry.

same problem here and i tried the registry wipe but nothing it doesnt work, and i cant reinstall windows because i havemay games bougth with steam and i not planning on downloading all again, well at least securerom support its answering my emails and its trying to get a solution if i get one from them i will share it with you.

Always backup your steam games: Steam->My Games->Right click->Backup local content. I suggest splitting files in 4Gb chuncks and writing them to DVD ROM. If you need to reinstall games - install Steam first and then restore your backups ;-)

ohh i dint know that well maybe if i dont get a solution from the securerom people i will do it but i have to tell you that installing all my games and apps again seems a dauting task to do for only one game even if it is Arma 2

same problem here and i tried the registry wipe but nothing it doesnt work, and i cant reinstall windows because i havemay games bougth with steam and i not planning on downloading all again, well at least securerom support its answering my emails and its trying to get a solution if i get one from them i will share it with you.

Ok thank you. I tried too many ways... i also downloaded the new drivers of geforce 9800 Gt, but i 'don't install it because i think there's not the video card!

i wont re-install windows for Arma2... but i don't think there isn't a way to solve this problem...

if bohemia answer you, tell me Plz!

Well i fixed it by lurking deep in the forums the problem its the dvd firmware you have to update it to the latest version and then its works like a charm thanks for the help, i think this should be put in a sticky for all the people that have the same problem.

mmmmmmmm Sorry but what i must FIx?

How i can Update? and what is the Dvd Firms?

Sorry but with pc programs i'm very bad...

go to control panel-->system then click on hardware tab and then select "administrador de dispositivos" sorry i dont know the english term its must be something with manager on, then you check your dvd reader model and the you google "your dvd model name firmware update" and then you searc until you find the firmware. hope its help you.