Sign in to follow this  
Midhaven

Out of memory CTD

First time I got a CTD I recieved the message:

ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 999 KB).

Reserved 294912 KB.

Total free 11001 KB

Free blocks 970, Max free size 819 KB

I figured it was the same as the previous arma so I added -maxmem 512 to the command line on my shortcut.

Then after a few minutes of playing I got another CTD, this time with no message. Checked the windows task manager and it said ArmA2.exe was still running. Turned it off and went to check my arma2.RPT file, there at the bottom I found this:

ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 232 KB).

Reserved 262144 KB.

Total free 144 KB

Free blocks 17, Max free size 31621 KB

So whats the solution if -maxmem doesn't work?

Oh, and I have 4gb ram, Vista x64.

Sorry I don't have a solution but I am getting this problem also. I have Vista Ultimate 64, q6600 and 4gb ram. There have been suggestions elsewhere on the forum that it's vista at fault and this could be true. I was watching the performance meter on my g15 at the time of the last ctd and ram utilization was only at 60% with cpu at 65%...

Don't forget that ARMA2 is written for 32 bit OS. It means that any application can acquire maximum 2 Gb of RAM.

Most people say XP32 works much better. Not good but true so far. Also what setting in graphics option "video memory" do you have? Not sure that has anything to do with it but my friend set it to high and got the same problem. He lowered it and havent got it since. He is also on Vista so it might be that or just the fact that its Vista.

Oh he also added -maxmem=2047 even though he has 4GB and running Vista. But one of the 2 made it never happen again - maybe...

Alex

i got the same problem today so i just maxed my paging mem to 10,000 i already have 4gb ram aswell!