Sign in to follow this  
Jason.xax

ARMA 2 Pathching Problem. "File Corrupted"

Greetings. Just got my copy of ARMA 2 today. After having some problems with installing, I finally made it. So now I have to patch it, the problem is that the first patch file I downloaded gave me an error on installing (the retry/abort/ignore one), and the next two files I downloaded could not be even extracted from rar ("File is corrupt" error on 99% of extracting), the last one I downloaded it extracted normally from rar, but when I run it, on the "extracting files" screen I always get a "Corrupt File" error when it gets to 20-30%.

Any ideas anyone? maybe it is just a coincidence that i downloaded 4 corrupted files, maybe something is wrong with my system (although I tried patching Arma2 on my 2nd pc, and all the files gave me the same error), i don't know.

Awaiting comments and helpful solutions.

Thanks in front...

After some more tries, i managed to extract the patches I have downloaded without any errors, but each time i run a patch i get such kind of errors

errorarma2.jpg

maybe this will somehow help..

Try to patch directly from 1.01 (retail version) to 1.07. Unistall ArmA2 and reinstall it before.

that's what im doing. I have an out of the box copy but somehow my game version is not 1.01 but 1.03.

Greetings. Just got my copy of ARMA 2 today. After having some problems with installing, I finally made it. So now I have to patch it, the problem is that the first patch file I downloaded gave me an error on installing (the retry/abort/ignore one), and the next two files I downloaded could not be even extracted from rar ("File is corrupt" error on 99% of extracting), the last one I downloaded it extracted normally from rar, but when I run it, on the "extracting files" screen I always get a "Corrupt File" error when it gets to 20-30%.

Any ideas anyone? maybe it is just a coincidence that i downloaded 4 corrupted files, maybe something is wrong with my system (although I tried patching Arma2 on my 2nd pc, and all the files gave me the same error), i don't know.

Awaiting comments and helpful solutions.

Thanks in front...

For corrupted or lost .rar archives you may use rar recover. The software starts under low system requirements, restores data from any devices(Flash, DVD, Blu-Ray).

i get the same problem and ill just paste what i wrote on another forum

so i decided to give pr arma ago on my new rig but pr wont load

it said something about a Chinook so i tried updating arma to find there was a error and it said patch was probably damaged re downloaded from a differnt mirror same deal i even used the downloads from my other pc where arma pr worked but not very well.

so i un installed all of arma (after un installing just oa) and put on both oa and vanilla same deal witht the patching. un install again and go step by step.

i installed just arma 2 vanilla tried to patch to 1.9 from 1.3 (possible) didnt work so i patched to 1.4 (worked) then 1.5 then it didn't work. from the second paragraph i looked at the errors and it comes up with this

Code:

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ARMA II DVD

ArmA 2: Updating version 1.04 to version 1.05...

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\A10.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file ADDONS\air.pbo.bi.bisign, phase 1.

when i first tried using pr it said chinook now it says a10 in the patcher.

i have tried to delete the file, reinstalled many times but nothing works

i have a legit version on dvd i got from eb games aram2 and arma 2 oa (separate disks)

(this could be the problem) it is installed on my 2nd hard drive (500gb hhd) cause my first has 6.5 gb left on it (60gb ssd)

i can launch it with no patches BTW

I had the same problem and it could be only fixed by a new DVD. For some reason the two year old DVD installed corrupted files. Since a new copy of A2 was cheap that was no problem, but you could also try to contact the distributor to get a new one.