Sign in to follow this  
mpatton

Game Won't Start

Hi all,

I have the standalone version of OA (USA release) and basically the game refuses to launch when I put it in the drive.

I place the CD in the drive, it makes scratching sounds and nothing happens. Even if I hit the shortcut, nothing, try to run the CD drive from my computer, nothing happens. If I take the disk out after a few seconds securom is kind enough to inform me the disk isn't in.

Basically I put the CD in, wait, take it out, put it back, repeat until the game starts. This has taken me over 20 tries at times to get the game to run.

I don't have this issue with other games, and I can't say if it happened with Vanilla Arma 2 since I've been running it without the disk after whichever patch came out.

Any help?

Apply latest beta patch to run OA without disc (and other benefits), too.

Basically I put the CD in, wait, take it out, put it back, repeat until the game starts. This has taken me over 20 tries at times to get the game to run.

I'm not up to "20" tries, mine usually gets it in 1-3.

It's not just ArmA, it's all games.

I have twin Sony DVD RW, same result with both.

Mine started this after the full W7 64bit was installed, (it did not do this with the beta or RC W7 nor Vista 64).

Sometimes coming out of sleep mode, the game is there, but most times I have to re-insert the dvd.

I await the no-cd-patch.

And yes, I frequently clean the dust bunnies out.

Have you looked for updated DVD Rom firmware? Updated Sata drivers or other motherboard drivers?

Latest A2/OA beta patches should ease your DVD issues.......

Oh yes, but latest firmware is 3 yrs old, MB is discontinued, CPU's discontinued..ect ect.

Upon trying any new or old drivers/firmware, I'm hit with "my drivers are newer" and it stops installation. Nothing to even "roll back" to.:rolleyes:

This isn't a big deal for me. It would be, if it took his 20 tries.

I use the beta for SP, but not on our server (as of yet).

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

Hello Mpatton,

The beta patch in the first link you provided is not the latest up-to-date one, however the second link you provided is. The beta patch in the second link will work with Operation Arrowhead/Combined Operations.

Here's another link for the latest beta patch which includes a readme on the web-page on how to install the beta patch: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10989