Sign in to follow this  
ricnunes

enableSimulation false is NOT working properly in Multiplayer

Greetings,

Some time ago I asked here about a way after positioning an aircraft in a semi-buried position (-2 altitude to simulate a crash landed aircraft) that when someone shots that aircraft the aircraft doesn't come out and places itself on the surface (0 altitude) again.

Someone told me to use the "enableSimulation false" command so that it disables the physics of that aircraft/object which I did with sucess (in single player, when previewing the mission) BUT when this mission is played on Multiplayer (dedicated server) this command doesn't seem to work anymore! In Multiplayer when someone shots that aircraft, the aircraft will do the annoying "come out and place itself on the surface" thing!

I tried everything from putting that command on the init field! Example:

f35 enableSimulation false;

And I also tried to put that command in a trigger and also in a game logic but again without sucess.

Well, I'm desperate since I can't seem to solve a thing which should be SO simple to solve (I just want the aircraft to stand still when someone hits it with a bullet!!). So I'm asking here for help.

Thanks in advance for replies...

You need to run enableSimulation on all clients rather than just the server. I can confirm it does work correctly.

You need to run enableSimulation on all clients rather than just the server. I can confirm it does work correctly.

Ok, and how can I do that?

Thanks in advance for reply.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

I recommend you post in this section of the forum: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

you might find help mor easily there

Damn, you're right! I thought I was posting this in the ArmA2 Mission Editing forums but for some reason I posted here. (guess I was tired last night and I thought I was in the Mission Editing forum instead of here).