Sign in to follow this  
jackmomma

How to make a door open when it is shot or recieves damage?

So far ive tried multiple things and not one will work is there something wrong with this?

If ((damage ID3818> 0.1)) then {ID3818 animate ["Dvere1",1];}

any help appreciated :D

Hey, that's a great idea. Why haven't I thought of that?

I'm not an expert on the scripting, but here are a couple questions. Can I assume you're using some method of getting the ID of the door into a name that you can use, having a "get nearest object..." in a game logic or something? Have you tested the door with a simpler Open script? Like a radio trigger that will open it? Some doors don't open with "Dvere", I recall.

Hey, that's a great idea. Why haven't I thought of that?

I'm not an expert on the scripting, but here are a couple questions. Can I assume you're using some method of getting the ID of the door into a name that you can use, having a "get nearest object..." in a game logic or something? Have you tested the door with a simpler Open script? Like a radio trigger that will open it? Some doors don't open with "Dvere", I recall.

well so far i haven't found the id of the door but it would make doing this alot easier :p. I did use nearest object but no luck and yea the door opens but the way ive made the script its stating that the building needs to be damaged but a simple bullet isnt going to do anything but if i put a satchel and damage the building the door does open. Any ideas on how to get it to open using small arms?

could look into the fired near event controller

yeah probably the easiest way. Do you know by any chance if theres a way to get the id of the door or even create one?

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Well ive gotten further than before. Im able to open or breach the door by shooting at it. There was no need for an event handeler but you would still be able to do it that way also but unfortunatly im not finished perfecting it yet :p but anyways thanks for the help guys.

well ive ran in to a problem the door opens way to slowly. Anybody know how to increase the animation speed?

I'm pretty sure you cant change the door animation speed. Maybe there is another way around this? This is a cool idea.

I'm pretty sure you cant change the door animation speed. Maybe there is another way around this? This is a cool idea.

Yeah i know there is a way to increase the speed on an animation i just have no idea how to lol. only other option would be to replace the opened door with a destroyed door but im not sure if it's possible since the door is part of the building and yeah i think its a cool idea too i couldn't find a breaching mod or script so i decided to give it a go.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Does anyone know how to get an id for a door or even a name that i could go off of?

Basically you need the ID of the door, but I don't know if this is possible. I know if there was a way to define the ID of the door, we could do this.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Here is a picture of a breach charge I just made for you just now. Obivously I need to texture it, but wont do it yet until we get this thing rolling.BreachCharge.jpg