Sign in to follow this  
1para{god-father}

How to Simulate AA hit

I have a helicopter called "Extract1" and when it get into a trigger area i want it to explode in midair so simulate a AA hit.

Can anyone let us know the best way to so this ?

Thanks

heli setDammage 1; will give you the explosion, but thats probably not what you meant.

doing a combination of setdammage 0.9 setfuel 0, and setHit on the rotors will look better and the heli will crash and then explode when it slams into the ground.

then you can delete it and spawn one of the good wrecks in its place same direction.

depends on the end goal and whos onboard and whos watching from where.

Thanks,

If i want to set a trigger that will activate just for say the helicopter "Extract1" what would i need to use in the condition ?

You could always make an invisible map marker and have conditions for when the copter is <500m from it. I forget the exact language to use but the biki has good examples.

place a trigger and sycnhronize it to the heli, place in on act:

heliname setDammage 1;

that will make the heli explode midair when inside the trigger.

or use condition anyone present, and in condition field use this:

heliname in thisList

replace the setDammage part with whatever you need to change the actual "shooting down look".

Is it possible to simulate a helicopter getting hit AND ensure it lands in a dramatic emergency landing with the passengers alive? Like blackhawk down style?

To knock out a tail rotor use:

helo setHit ["mala vrtule", 1];

where helo is your helicopter object. AI is usually pretty good about setting down after losing the tail rotor. Mix in a few warning beeps and some smoke and you're golden.