Sign in to follow this  
DualJoe

AI moves to the bottom left instead of waypoint

I've run into the following feature in a couple of missions I've made. Using vanilla Arma2 CO.

Sometimes instead of moving to the waypoint, the AI moves to the bottom left of the map and stays there.

This may not be much of a problem with user-controlled AI, but in all other situations this is rather troublesome and usually breaks the mission.

With DAC the problem becomes ridiculous, and I'm starting to get somewhat annoyed watching big convoys of AI migrating far away from the mission area. Funny thing about DAC is that it shows the waypoints the units are supposed to go to with a marker, but they completely ignore the waypoints.

Any ideas or suggestions to work around this feature? Other than DAC I'm not using any AI-addons. The problem also occurs without DAC, all be it less frequent for obvious reasons.

Dont know if this is much help but when I get a unit in the bottom left corner I usually find its something to do with my markers being either named wrongly or missing completely

if a marker is setPosed asl then the wp will be placed correct but the group will go to [0,0,0] wich is lwer left in most maps.

UPSMON uses that for its markers, and maybe DAC does aswell, this to hide them.

Ah, didn't know that, I should check my markers then.

Is there anyway to prevent this from happening like using an eventhandler or script? Is it possible to detect if units are moving to the marker instead of the waypoint.

I'd rather not make a deserter killing out of bounds area. Besides making balancing very difficult, it would probably also put an end to the elaborate detours the AI sometimes make.

if you use upsmon use the showmarker option and markeralpha way.

execute this in init.sqf or in a script executed by a gamelogic on map.

//hide all markers
"timurkmark" setMarkerAlpha 0;
"patrol1" setMarkerAlpha 0;

this will make patrol1 and timurkmark marker hidden, even in briefing.

For DAC i really dont know.

Thanks, did a couple of tests and that seems to have done the trick.

Haven't done much testing with DAC yet, but there is a marker-option in DAC which can be set to zero. This seems to have resolved the issue, but without the markers it's hard to tell.

Too bad, DAC has a really nice system with markers which shows everything that's happening on a map. Very handy for debugging missions.

This is happening to me on Torabora using DAC 3.0c. I have nothing on the map, and I am calling the DAC zone via script. They appear right where they should, and make a beeline straight to 0,0,0.

Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks.

I understand why people like DAC because it's entirely random, but really UPSMON is better. Personally I like to just create my own patrols with waypoints and run UPSMON just to guard fortified positions, create some random patrols, and allow the AI to communicate with each other even if they're on pre-determined routes.

DAC can allow for a very nice combat experience with the least amount of effort. I'm going to have spacific missions inside of DAC zones and I haven't decided what route I'm going to take for those, for now I really want to get this DAC system up and running.

I've used DAC before without any real issues. This is a first. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the modules I'm running, so going to start removing things until it's fixed. I'll post back my findings.

Edit: Nevermind, removed all modules same thing.

Edit2: Confirmed DAC works flawless with editor based trigger (standard method) however I'm using::

waituntil{DAC_NewZone == 0};

_zone = ["z1",[1,0,0],[3,2,50,10],[1,2,20,8],[],[],[0,10,0,0]];

[[4134.51,6117.37,0],100,100,0,0,_zone] call DAC_fNewZone;

Fix: Create your own trigger via createTrigger and call the DAC zone as usual.

Edited by Skelt

DAC can allow for a very nice combat experience with the least amount of effort. I'm going to have spacific missions inside of DAC zones and I haven't decided what route I'm going to take for those, for now I really want to get this DAC system up and running.

I've used DAC before without any real issues. This is a first. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the modules I'm running, so going to start removing things until it's fixed. I'll post back my findings.

Edit: Nevermind, removed all modules same thing.

Edit2: Confirmed DAC works flawless with editor based trigger (standard method) however I'm using::

waituntil{DAC_NewZone == 0};

_zone = ["z1",[1,0,0],[3,2,50,10],[1,2,20,8],[],[],[0,10,0,0]];

[[4134.51,6117.37,0],100,100,0,0,_zone] call DAC_fNewZone;

Fix: Create your own trigger via createTrigger and call the DAC zone as usual.

Hi,

Im having problems too. When IA enter in search mode and it loose contact during a time they move to 0,0,0. I dont know how i fix that. Its like IA doesn´t come back to normal waypoints of his area and select 0,0,0 as new waypoint.

how do you refer with this: Create your own trigger via createTrigger and call the DAC zone as usual

Many Thanks for help