Sign in to follow this  
Whammo11224

Error: Device reset failed, error 8876086c

So....were going to pretend that nothing is wrong. Updated to the newest patch, and that's all I get. Cant play the game anymore.

P6T Deluxe MB

GTX 260

3GB RAM

Win XP 32Bit

ArmA2

ArmA OA

BAF

PMC

No add-ons!

Tried all the suggestions after an exhaustive search. I would really like some help on this one.

Thanks

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12122

As a workaround I would recommend lowering Texture memory settings a bit - this could prevent or reduce the issue.

Note: it is quite possible upgrading to a 64b Vista or Win7 would cure the problem completely. Handling 1 GB of VRAM with 32b address space can be quite stressing for the system, and VRAM handling is a lot more robust with the new driver model.

Hopefully this helps to at least locate the problem.

Tried lowering the textures. It worked for one mission, then the problem started again.

Not too sure if I want to upgrade to Windows 7. I still run FS9 and Redviper Falcon. Dont know if those will work with Windows 7.

Thanks

Tried lowering the textures. It worked for one mission, then the problem started again.

Not too sure if I want to upgrade to Windows 7. I still run FS9 and Redviper Falcon. Dont know if those will work with Windows 7.

Thanks

Maybe create a ticket at the CIT.

About your concerns about the other games not working under Win7, you still have the option of Dualboot. Not the best solution of all but at least a solution. Sorry, can't help more. Did you already tried with different command line options like -maxmem and -exthreads? A forum search will give you more info about it. Good luck.

Actually, I upgraded to Win 7 and I don't have the problem anymore. So I guess the error is Win XP specific.

I'll do some more testing and see, but so far, no problems.

Thanks