Gamestar (large[st] German PC gaming magazine) reviewed OFP2. The test is not yet available but some information were leaked and posted on ofp2.info:
- the engine obviously cannot handle more than 40 different units at a time (freeze)
- overall score: 78%
- most aspects were 8/10, story 4/10
- campaign is boring and way too short
- excellent hardcore mode
- excellent AI, almost like real human players, sometimes stupid
- vegetation not destructable
- strong editor (whatever that means compared to AA2)
So I guess OFP2 will not at all have the possibilities of AA2 but it might have better gameplay, might contain less bugs and might be really fun to play. Realism depends on the current setting. Still it needs a community to offer enough content after release.
The 40 unit limit could be a bug (possibly fixed when released) or could be a real limit. Then I don't know how the large map could be used to full extent. 40 units are just embarrasing.
I forgot something: OFP2 has excellent framerates and highly optimised graphics.