Jump to content

z1_

Member
  • Content Count

    16
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Medals

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About z1_

  • Rank
    Private First Class

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. That works so much better, thanks again.
  2. Can I use an array after do target or does it have to be object? Might be interesting to randomize which logic it chooses as well.
  3. Thanks for the syntax, I was using archaic stuff i learned when i was messing with camera scripts
  4. Actually, I would assume if I make that initial script do every degree in the rotation it might look smooth and suffice for my needs. I'll try that.
  5. Maybe I'll try doing a unitCapture. Hopefully I only have to capture the spotlight.
  6. Got an AI on the spotlight (CUP_O_SearchLight_static_RU). Got it to turn on and all that but he doesn't really move it around until the enemy is detected. Would like him to rotate it around. Came up with something that kinda works, turns only the light and not the base (which is good), but it flickers and jerks before each turn. Would be cool if it was smooth. Tried turning both the player and the searchlight, but only the searchlight will turn when he's in it. Also it really wouldn't turn much unless I scripted a handful of turns. Tried setDir, setFormDir, setVectorDir and only setDir seems to do anything. Also tried using the player as the direction to turn, but light would barely turn. Looked around but the only spotlight scripts I came across were in regards to them on helo's and couldn't find anything on the forum. #searchlight SL1_1 setDir 45; ~15 SL1_1 setDir 90; ~15 SL1_1 setDir 180; ~15 SL1_1 setDir 225; ~15 SL1_1 setDir 360; ~15 if (SL1G_1 call BIS_fnc_enemyDetected) then {goto "stop";}; goto "searchlight" #stop So this basically worked. He'll stop when the enemy is detected and actually search. The actual rotations look fine but right when he starts each turn the light jerks around which kinda kills immersion. I could live with it, but anyone have an idea?
  7. Yeah, I have a few. Usually just use Mongos or AISSP. Was trying to build my own based off the modules as a learning experience. Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.
  8. So just to test it in general with a named trigger. I named the trigger trig1, then changed all the this in script to trig1. I would assume it's moving them there now. Still didn't have any luck. I even added another object just to see if it would spawn and move there. Again no errors, but nothing happened. Think I need to start smaller and just understand spawning and moving objects correctly, before I worry about spawning logics. If anyone comes across this and can shed more light would be cool.
  9. I'll try to set all the positions to the player tomorrow and see if i have any luck. I better crash. Thanks for the assistance, and anymore you happen to provide.
  10. I also figured I need the modules to not init until everything spawned and connected
  11. That I'm not 100% sure about. I get lost on the variables when i go between local and global. Triggers condition is this and its set anyplayer/present/repeatable with this exec "zciv.sqf"; in its init Is the this condition in the trigger referring to the player or the trigger? Do I need to call it differently? I'm hoping to not have to give the trigger a variable name so I can put it on any trigger, but like i said, I don't know much.
  12. I move them all after the fact on a different line with example: _item0 setPosWorld getPosWorld this; With that, I'm trying to move it to where the trigger is. That not doable?
  13. UPDATE: So I gave up on that for now, and am trying to wrap my head around adding a single civ module, waypoint, and spawn, and sync the trigger in editor to the civ module that the script spawns. The code below runs without error, but nothing actually happens. Sure I'm missing something. Most my knowledge on Arma scripting is very fragmented, could use some help. Just spawning them all in the same spot atm until I get it working. This is mostly for my understanding, there's a million civ scripts out there. I'm sure I could pull it off with actual units a lot easier, but I'd like to understand how to get these modules spawned, synced, and running correctly via script. running it on the trigger activation as this exec "zciv.sqf"; _group = createGroup sideLogic; _item0 = createUnit ["ModuleCivilianPresence_F",[0,0,0],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"]; _item0 = group _group _item0 synchronizeObjectsAdd [this]; _item0 setPosWorld getPosWorld this; _item0 setVectorDirAndUp [[0,0,0],[0,0,0]]; _item0 setVariable ["objectArea",[100,100,0,true,-1]]; _item0 setVariable ["#onCreated",compile true]; _item0 setVariable ["#onDeleted",compile true]; _item0 setVariable ["#unitCount",5]; _item0 setVariable ["#usePanicMode",false]; _item0 setVariable ["#useAgents",true]; _item0 setVariable ["#debug",true]; _item0 setvariable ["BIS_fnc_initModules_disableAutoActivation",false]; _item0 setvariable ["BIS_fnc_initModules_activate",true]; _item1 = createUnit ["ModuleCivilianPresenceSafeSpot_F",[0,0,0],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"]; _item1 = group _group _item1 setPosWorld getPosWorld this; _item1 setVectorDirAndUp [[0,0,0],[0,0,0]]; _item1 setVariable ["objectArea",[0.1,0.1,0,false,-1]]; _item1 setVariable ["#type",1]; _item1 setVariable ["#capacity",3]; _item1 setVariable ["#useBuilding",true]; _item1 setVariable ["#terminal",false]; _item1 setvariable ["BIS_fnc_initModules_disableAutoActivation",false]; _item1 setvariable ["BIS_fnc_initModules_activate",true]; _item2 = createUnit ["ModuleCivilianPresenceUnit_F",[0,0,0],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"]; _item2 = group _group _item2 setPosWorld getPosWorld this; _item2 setVectorDirAndUp [[0,0,0],[0,0,0]]; _item2 setVariable ["objectArea",[0.1,0.1,0,false,-1]]; _item2 setvariable ["BIS_fnc_initModules_disableAutoActivation",false]; _item2 setvariable ["BIS_fnc_initModules_activate",true];
×