Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

ACM does not seem to work in Zagrabad...

....or at least I don't seem to be noticing any ambient combat that is happening around me and my squad. I notice a lot of ambient combat happening if I were to create missions in Takistan - enemy Hueys, friendly A-10s making strafing runs, and even some CZ patrols. In Zagrabad, I don't even notice a single aircraft in the sky unless it's one I call from support. I'm currently using ACM along with SOM. And yes, I did synch ACM to SOM and ACM and SOM to the the player character.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

Hmmm, I could not get the ACM to work in Takistan (which was the only map I tried). I finally gave up and wrote a little BIS_ACM file, and then put the contents in my mission init file. Finally, 'stuff' started to spawn.

If you have not tried that, do so, and see if it works. (Weird.)

Okay, I deleted the ACM module on the map, and then placed it again next to the SOM. I think it works because I did notice a friendly MI-8 helicopter fly by in the mission. I did not place this helicopter in the editor nor was it part of any mission generated by the SOM.

for me the ambient civ module doesn't look to do a whole lot, had that in a mission, drove a patrol from the rasman to revolver an only saw 3 civ men. I only used the greenzone to move!

town construction is nice though!

Ambient Civilian does work, just look at your town in TWS and you'll be driven to madness. Single player it works perfectly, but MP/server based there's.. "issues". :P

How is everyone placing these modules? Do you synch or group them with each other and then synch them with the player character? I have never had problems with the ACM working in either SP or MP.

With the Civ modules you just place them. ACM i think you have to sync them with the AI.

If you're using SOM, does it have to be synched to ACM?

sync them to either the player of some other AI but not to eachother

I can tell you personally ACM/SOM/CIV/VEHICLES all work in zargabad. I have had 2 ACM's running in zargabad :rolleyes:

I can post a sample if you need it