Sign in to follow this  
Crierd

Firing Command Help?

I'm working on a mission and I want "operator1" to shoot "operator2" when "operator2" gets within a certain trigger area. I know the command is "operator1 doFire operator2" but every time i try to fix it "operator1" just shoots "operator2" immediately. I am new to mission making and would appreciate any help. Thanks! :o

when you say he shoots him immediately what do you mean? Are you sure he already isn't in the trigger area? If operator2 is an enemy try putting "this setcaptive true" (without quotes) into his init line. That may fix it.

when you say he shoots him immediately what do you mean? Are you sure he already isn't in the trigger area? If operator2 is an enemy try putting "this setcaptive true" (without quotes) into his init line. That may fix it.

No, basically i want to make it so some Delta force units re group and gather intelligence from a local CIA operative. I want it to look like the CIA operative went rogue and shot on of the delta force guys or try to shoot everyone and you have to react quickly and kill the guy before he kills everyone. I hope that made sense =P. And no, he is not already in the trigger and they are on the same Bluefor side.

Your operators must be newbies, since in my quick test O1 blastimacated O2 instantly upon entering the trigger.

Make sure your trigger is set correctly for the situation you want.

Your operators must be newbies, since in my quick test O1 blastimacated O2 instantly upon entering the trigger.

Make sure your trigger is set correctly for the situation you want.

Lol I'm a newbie. All I really know how to do is the command. I don't know how to make it so it works in the trigger or anything. I tried, but i failed and that is why im posting now.

The exact trigger would depend on the situation and area. For my test I had a small 5x5 meter trigger set to BLUFOR - Present - Once. I set a waypoint for the two guys so that they'd walk over the trigger.

In the On Act: field of the trigger I put your command:

op1 doFire op2

As soon as the first guy entered the 5x5 area I put he twirled around and shot o2 in the face. :)

Here's what it looks like in the editor:

triggerdofire.jpg

The exact trigger would depend on the situation and area. For my test I had a small 5x5 meter trigger set to BLUFOR - Present - Once. I set a waypoint for the two guys so that they'd walk over the trigger.

In the On Act: field of the trigger I put your command:

op1 doFire op2

As soon as the first guy entered the 5x5 area I put he twirled around and shot o2 in the face. :)

Here's what it looks like in the editor:

triggerdofire.jpg

I started to get frustrated but after your response i gave it another shot and doinked around. I realised that i removed "this" in the condition field every time apparently! Also, how can I get the guy who is shooting to shoot multiple people?

Edited by Crierd