Sign in to follow this  
VaKo

Better troop movement mod?

I've been looking for a mod that I know is part of SLX and Warfare, but I can't seem to identify it. In both SLX and Warfare when you order a group to advance, they will advance in pairs while others cover them, while in stock they will all advance as one unit. I've tried both SLX and Warfare in the single player campaign but the sheer number of game play changes screws up the missions, so all I really want is the troop movement part of the mod. Anyone have any ideas which mod I'm looking for, or which part of SLX/Warfare I need to extract?

- VaKo

i was lookin for somethin similar. are there any mds out there that improve the squad AI so for example they dont get lost as the try to follow me.

or they dont just keep gettin lost in general:(

Thats really your commanding ability and your knowledge of the commands,

[/url]

wanna explain what you mean by that a bit better?

by default, the AI squadmates should follow me but they always end up laggin behind. when i then order regroup thats when they normally get lost.

even when i sometimes issue move orders they will head of in the opposite direction. there defo seems to be some pathfinding issues.

AI pathfinding has been an issue before and I myself can vouch for that, in terms of commands and knowing where to lead like terrain ect,. it becomes trial and error to figure out how to get them to maintain formation or at least keep following you.

Heres a few things i found that get hte AI to stay with you.

* Use tighter formations in urban terrains like

- column

- staggard column

* use wider formations in open terrain like:

- Line

- wedge

both those two for terrain are fairly self explanitory but you would be surrpsied by what the AI get stuck on or cant find their way around, im sure you have discovered this yourself a few times.

for commands

if your moving in a certain direction like east then command your soldier to watch that direction, of course if you start to move in another direction then they will maintain that viewpoint if you stop, in a way it all depends

The terrain will dictate what you use for commands in terms of movement, then againsted enemy the same may or may no work, as the Ai respond differently to a degree while engaging and moving, all depends on what they are up againsted, inf or armor.

i was just curious to know if everyone else whos played the arma2 campaign had similar issues and if there were mods that helped

obviously not.

cheers for the tips anyways.

whos played the arma2 campaign had similar issues and if there were mods that helped

obviously not.

Your point really makes no sense considering your asking about what other Arma 2 players have found or have not found, in the Arma section of the forums.

Dont assume and give up that because no one answered your questions that there are no mods that have helped, or there are people that have not figured it out.

If you really want to know go into the arma 2 section under the addons and mods complete and either find topics similer to yours or a conversation that talks about the campaign or what not and or post a topic there with more details. Dont give up man, seriously from what i gather you really haven't tried to get help, our community here is huge and vast since 2001, there are addons and mods out there that can help you out as well as people.

follow what i suggested and also look through the Armaholic download section for Arma 2 to see what you can find, its your game why play it half ass or the way you dont want, thats the beauty of the OFP, Arma,Arma 2 series the game is customizable!

heres the link to

Armaholic Arma2 download section:

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_files

dont give up.:cool: