Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

how do i get custom image in dialog?

im trying to create a dialog with a custom image. can't seem to find the friggin explanation of how to do this anywhere. i remember some bas missions awhile back that used to use the technique. was wondering how i can get my custom images into my dialogs for anime style rpg games. ive even got a folder full of avatars ready to use. please help!!!

so in the text field you put the name of the jpg, i guess it just reads the images you have in your pbo after that....now if i could only figure out how to make whole paragraphs. the words don't wrap around, they get cut off. i want to make a paragraph of text. i managed to pull off the custom image but for what i was trying to pull off i need large bodies of text in this thing. any suggestions on making the words wrap?

Edited by BronzeEagle

Here's an example;

[size="1"]};

class Escape
 {
     idd=-1;
     movingEnable=0;
     duration=4;
     name="Escape";
     controls[]={"Text","picture"};

class Text : Rsctext
     {
       style="16 + 512";
       lineSpacing=1.000000;
       text="Blah blah blah blah blah.\nblah blah blah blah\nblah blah blah blah";
       x=0.050000;
       y=0.70000;
       w=0.900000;
       h=0.500000;
       colorText[]={1,1,1,1};
       font="Couriernewb64";
       sizeEx=0.030000;
       size = 0.4;
     };

class picture: RscPicture
     {
        text="general.jpg";
        x=0.10000;
        y=0.550000;
        w=0.0750000;
        h=0.10000;
     };[/size]

This places three lines of text at the bottom-left of the screen, with a picture centred just above it. The line breaks are done with \n just like a hintbox. But you can only do this when the 'style' is defined as above (it's one of those numbers, not sure which).

EDIT

That is within the RscTitles section.

Edited by 2nd Ranger