Sign in to follow this  
arcadebert

Campaign save error

Tried continuing the campaign in OA (rescuing captives from the mine) and it gave error message and returned to desktop,

Booted up the game again and tried to Revert the same mission but it loaded up the first mission !!!

Now I can't get back to the place I was.

Any ideas?

Did an update happen since you saved?

No, saved after 1.52 update, but that did happen to saves done prior to 1.52 update but the latest was a windows error message

Well you know back to desktop with a windows message saying arma2/oa could not load autosave

@Devs I thought this is the troubleshooting forum. Where is my troubleshooting response???

Well, it happens that things get messed up during autosave because the game´s sometimes saving in awkward situations.

Better save game yourself in some quiet moment.

I'm also having the same issue, doesn't matter whether it's a self save or auto, it always CTD's with the Cannot load save error.

This seems to be a big problem I've seen like 4-5 seperate threads describing this issue, no answers on what's causing it or how to fix it.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both ARMA II and OA and didn't use any of my profiles or settings so in other words completely new and still when I try to load saves from any mission, scenario or campaign it always CTD's with the cannot load save error.