Sign in to follow this  
darkxess

Building Bridges

Hey guys, got a slight problem...

When you build bridges in ArmA2, is it only in sections you can do it? i mean every section i put now i need to manually put in the hight etc, its bloody annoying! and the bridge sections are sooooooo small! isnt there anyway to stretch a brige to the lengh i want it at? instead of doing it section by section?

Also, can i have some advice buidling bridges please, like how deep the water should be how to connect the ends to the roads each side etc etc etc...

Thanks guys.

sometimes there are nice scripts that could help you.

Did you know about:

GetAbsoluteHeight and SetAbsoluteHeight scripts, coming in the /script section of V3?

i've used those to set the absolute height of some objects, and can be used with bridges too.

The best thing is to have the bridge placed over the river sand that is higher than the road it must connect. then with setabsoluteheight script you can plant your bridge pylons into the ground to the required height (to avoid bridge basement floating on the water).

duh... i don't have A2 there, so i'm not really sure of script names, but they should be those or something similar to those i've wrote above.

i dont know if you know this , but if you go to buldozer in visitor and press left or right mouse buttons and press z for down objects and q for up objects you can see where you want your bridge instead of writing in your height .

Yup i know but i use this only for raw placements.

Setting height of water ponds or bridges is something i don't want to do visually due it's less accurate