Sign in to follow this  
Spyker2041

IED trigger, explodes but does no damage

Hey guys

I got a problem. I am trying to get a IED to go off using triggers, the IED explodes when BLUFOR is in radius but it does not damage at all. This is what I got so far.

Object

Name - ied1

Trigger

Name - ied1trig

Activation - Blufor , Present

radius - 15, 15

On Act - ied1trig = "ARTY_R_227mm_HE" createvehicle getpos ied1

Any help is much appreciated

There's something wrong some were, I set the trigger and used the same explosives and found it to be reasonably effective.

What are you trying to damage?

It would destroy jeeps upto 20 meters away and men upto 100meters away as long as they weren't shielded buy other objects

Buildings do need more of a direct hit or you can fake it by using the trigger to destroy everything.

on act ied1trig = "ARTY_R_227mm_HE" createvehicle getpos ied1;what=nearestobjects[ied1,[],35];{_x setdamage 1} foreach what

Edited by F2k Sel

Well i tryed the same thing you did. I get only damage to my wheels, and cant drive anymore, so it does some damage here.

OA or Arma2, I've seen some odd vids of vehicles being nearly invincible in OA.

This was in Arma 2, a humvee drove straight into the middle of the blast and did not get affected. Also, it is not the explosive as I tried a GBU and the same happened.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Very odd i tried again and it worked, only difference this time was that i used different names for the trig and obj

Edited by Spyker2041