Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

360 degrees XYZ infinite spawning system

Description: Apparently, createCenter made spawning possible but also made them just as stupid as stupid gets. I used example found on community.bistudio.com/wiki

_SideHQ = createCenter east in the init. Maybe it should be SideHQ = createCenter east without _, maybe, maybe... hm I don't know and I don't care. They were spawning (so HQ is there, right?), but they were dumb, LOL :confused:

The safest and quickest way is just to place that poor soldier!

Dunno if it helps but...

Some time ago i was experimenting with spawning a bomber with a crew. I used this in my bombing script:

centeE = createCenter East;Egrp = createGroup centeE;

then:

_pilot = _group createUnit [_pilottype, [(getpos target2 select 0),(getpos target2 select 1),1000], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

First create a center and after that a group then spawn units into that group.

That made normal responsive AIs.

Edited by Väinämöinen

So, if I understood you correctly I have to do it for every group I want to spawn?

No wait...

You created group for center... hm that is already defined as East. Well I will try that, for sure. And you can do it for every other group.... yeap

Thanx man

As far as I am concerned I am done with 360ISM. The new module is here and I will continue to work on it.

Let me know what you think about it. I think it's more realistic and that connection with the game that Katipo66 asked for will be much better.

Cheers ArmAIIholic