Sign in to follow this  
AlesMrak

How to rearm vehicles

Hy,

i'm having problems rearming vehicles in AO, i drive tank or chopper to ammunition truck and nothing happens, no option in menu, no message, no new bullets, rockects, nadda. I try to connect the vehicles at different angles and distances but to no avail. What i'm doing wrong here, i need reaming, because one of the last missions is to attack the airport but without rearming this is very difficult.

br.

Dr.Jones

I have this problem in Open season (1st OA chopper mission) too. First time I rearmed without problem, but when I wanted to rearm second time it didn't work. Does the ammo truck have limited ammunition or something? I can't call the truck by radio because it isn't manned.

Maybe the problem is that I don't have any hellfires left? I noticed in Pathfinder that it only rearms one magazine (on the Abrams).

Edited by Hedo

I have never had the rearm add the extra magazines back for your commander's M2, just top off the box in the gun. Would be nice if BIS just fixed up the rearm script.

I have never had the rearm add the extra magazines back for your commander's M2, just top off the box in the gun. Would be nice if BIS just fixed up the rearm script.

??? I hope this is just a bug, because some mission are longgg. As my memory serves me ARMA 2 vanilla i could rearm main tank ammo.

br.

Dr.Jones

Some notes about rearming vehicles:

-You can rearm any weapon at any ammo truck or "vehicle" ammo crate.

-All vehicle ammo carriers have a limited number of ammo. Some weapons use up more of it than others.

-Rearming this way only refills the magazines you currently have. It will not replace completely expended magazines (so ex: commander MGs, TOW missiles, if you ended up having to reload these you're not going to get new mags back).

-Moving around a lot interupts the process. If you're in a helicopter, land and turn your engines off before you start.

Rearming this way only refills the magazines you currently have. It will not replace completely expended magazines (so ex: commander MGs, TOW missiles, if you ended up having to reload these you're not going to get new mags back).

Thx, i didn't know that. That means restart for me :( . Is reaming automatic when near the ammo crate, truck. Usually was automatic or you could manually select in menu to rearm the vehicle.

br.

Dr.Jones

It is via the action menu, but sometimes it will start automatically when you are within range and stationary.

I really wish that it would replace spent magazines, makes life easier for us on the ground. But oh well, its been that was since at least ArmA I