Sign in to follow this  
AntiPasta

[ot] compacting beer

Prythee,

Considering the high price of beer (well, all liquid) at my school's parties (compared to the average shop), a little theorem has been evolving in my mind... would it be possible to remove all the water from beer, and taking it with you as a powdery substance, and then going to the restroom to mix it with free water? I asked all the physics-geeks i knew but none could come up with a reasonable answer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AntiPasta @ April 20 2002,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Prythee,

Considering the high price of beer (well, all liquid) at my school's parties (compared to the average shop), a little theorem has been evolving in my mind... would it be possible to remove all the water from beer, and taking it with you as a powdery substance, and then going to the restroom to mix it with free water? I asked all the physics-geeks i knew but none could come up with a reasonable answer<span id='postcolor'>

That's because your question doesn't involve Physics, but Chemistry tounge.gif

Gotta ask the right people for the right thing...

Ex-Ronin what the hell is going on with your sig.

The subliminal message is complete nonsense smile.gif

Beer would be no fun freezedried:

a) no carbondioxide

b) no alcohol

What does that leave? "taste"?

We all know what a flat beer tastes like, so forget about it...

No, I don't think so. I believe that more then the water will evaporate (the alcohol for instance). I always find my stomach to be a great place to hide drinks tounge.gif

good point, Ex-Ronin.

but that would be a great invention! biggrin.gif

but i doubt it will work....(don't ask me why)

Just take in liquor.

You don't need as much volume to get drunk and it tastes better. Just get some goldschwagger or some vodka.

And what kind of parties are you talking about??? I mean at parties at my school, you need to pay to get in, once you are in you can drink all the cheap beer you want.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AntiPasta @ April 20 2002,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Prythee,

Considering the high price of beer (well, all liquid) at my school's parties (compared to the average shop), a little theorem has been evolving in my mind... would it be possible to remove all the water from beer, and taking it with you as a powdery substance, and then going to the restroom to mix it with free water? I asked all the physics-geeks i knew but none could come up with a reasonable answer<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is possible and you are not the first one with this idea. It has even been put into practice already but I think didnt quite succeed! I can imagine why! Can you store alcohol in a dry matter? And where you store the freshy bubbles? All you get back from a powder would be a funny beer with fake bubbles. There is another solution coming from the brits, same stupid idea, put the stuff into water but then let it rest for a week (Miracle-brewery).

The only thing that can be done is simply reduce the percentage of water. As you know Coke is produced elsewhere, only the syrup is transported to Germany and then gets mixed here with water and compressed to get the bubbles. The same can already be done with wine (cheap shit). I think in Las Vegas they got bars where they only buy the Coke syrup and mix it in their pipelines to spare space! The bartender holds some kind of dispenser in his hand and types into a computersystem (e.g. Micros) what longdrink he wants! The system itsef will mix the drink and all he needs to do is hold the dispenser into a glass! Saves work, barspace, reduces fraud, standardises portion sizes and reduces spillage...bla bla bla

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As you know Coke is produced elsewhere, only the syrup is transported to Germany and then gets mixed here with water and compressed to get the bubbles.<span id='postcolor'>

isn't this another form of soda fountain at fast-food chains? tounge.gif

IceFire: my school's parties are always hold in discos and such, which aren't school-owned. I recall paying 2$ for a measly glass of 2% beer and 4$ for a small bottle of smirnoff.

And btw I prefer beer (especially guiness) over liquor.

(but who gives a shit?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 21 2002,00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just take in liquor.  

You don't need as much volume to get drunk and it tastes better.   Just get some goldschwagger or some vodka.

And what kind of parties are you talking about???  I mean at parties at my school, you need to pay to get in, once you are in you can drink all the cheap beer you want.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats because you live in the good ol' US of A, home of basic cable, all you can eat buffets, free refills, and ice cubes in yer drinks, and oh yeah, the free. tounge.gif

Since compacting beer will also remove the bubbles and the alcohol, try pouring whiskey from a hidden bottle into your purchased beer in the bathroom. This way your beer gets more kick, but since whiskey and beer are 'related', the taste doesn't change too much.

But a word of warning: This type of drink gets you drunk REALLY fast, especially if you're used to guzzling pissy beer like Budweiser.