Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Assigning, Revealing Targets and Controls in General

I recently discovered (from another thread I cant find) that separating the controls on the RMB will allow "reveal target" and assign target to work.

I now have "Reveal Target" set to MouseButton#5 rather than on "Hold RMB", which seems to work much better. But it does not seem to work as well if I am zoomed with my RMB at the same time. Anyone else find this?

Assigning targets: This is fubar as far as I can see. When I am a squad leader and want to assign a target:

1. I press the required F key to select a soldier.

2. I then hold Space and move the on-screen circle over the intended target

3. I then click MouseButton#5(Reveal Target) to assign.

This works about 60% of the time, some times it just does nothing, I'll try it 5 more times and then it works...

anyone else have this random behaviour?

I really hope they clean up the Control system for OA. Some times I just look at the control screen for a good laugh and say, "What where the thinking?". Its no wonder it's hard to attract new players.

Did you know we have 8 controls to make you move forward faster? Is that really necessary?

1. Fast Forward

2. Evasive Forward

3. Turbo

4. Vehicle Turbo

5. Fast Forward (Again!)

6. Car Fast Forward

7. Seagull Fast Forward

8. Command Fast Forward

All these commands could be under 1 control called Fast Forward. You are never in a car and a seagull at the same time! You are never on foot and commanding a tank at the same time! etc. This is just one example, there are other conflicts and redundant, confusing controls duplicated or misleadingly named.

I must point out though, there are things I like about the control system, like the way you can create conflicts and the game wont stop you from using them. This means you can stack multiple commands on one button if you like. I also really like all the modifiers you can use, like Hold and x2 taps etc.

But we really need this cleaned up a bit in my opinion.

1. I press the required F key to select a soldier.

2. I then hold Space and move the on-screen circle over the intended target

3. I then click MouseButton#5(Reveal Target) to assign.

Just select the guy and use reveal target on him. What's with all that spacebar nonsense?

Just select the guy and use reveal target on him. What's with all that spacebar nonsense?

Yeah sorry, got a bit confused in my explanation :D . However, I did test again and as I said, after a while the command seemed not to work for some of the targets. Like I could only assign targets to the AI a limited amount of times, or maybe because the AI could not see the target. Some thing is stopping it working after a short time.

I tested by putting 2 opposing rifle squads on a runway about 500m apart and assuming command of one squad to test designating targets. It works well for the first while but when there are only 2 or 3 enemy left it doesn't work for me. I used "No target" command too to try and reset the AI, no joy.