Sign in to follow this  
An Fiach

addAction and AI commands

Hey guys, I am completely clueless at scripting yet I am attempting to tackle something. I am using someone else's script (publicly released). It works as intended, I place nul = [this] execVm "action.sqf" in my unit's init box and it works fine, I approach the target and I get the command and upon clicking it activates another script.

I am trying to figure out how I can get an AI unit to execute the command when the player wants.

For reference, I am using Norrin's killer bunny script. Basically is it possible to do this with the AI? You can tell them to get into cars and stuff but that is coded in the game. Can we tell the AI to manipulate objects like a player or execute other commands in that manner?

I guess noone knows? I do not plan to use norrin's script in my project but just learning and gives me something to see what is possible.

Maybe posting this in the Mission editing & scripting would give a better response. This here is addon creating related part of the forum.

When i have problems with my Porsche i also wouldn't ask a Ferrari Dealer.

As group leader, you can command AI to use actions (this includes actions added with addAction) by selecting them, then pressing 6 (for "Action").

In the editor/script, you can try the action command, though I'm not entirely sure if it works with added actions, and if so how.

Edited by Big Dawg KS