Sign in to follow this  
Nikoladis

Out of ideas

Sorry just re-read his post yeah i think he meant secops.

Edited by Jazzadazza

Thanks for all the suggestions, gonna whip up some Taliban hunting.

I Salute you sir!

"Hunting the Taliban"

Anything with Mid East fighting with

Special Forces etc.

Helmand Valley

aiaktalik

isladuala

queshkibrul

razoreniya

Avgani

Afghani Village

Ranzani

Razoreniya

Sakakah Al Jawf

preferably SP, but MP with AI enabled is OK too

im good at dreaming up missions, placing units, ect but i lack the scripting skills and the skills to get em to do wut i want em to

Hi, I used to do some mission editing, when first A2 first came out, but then stopped.

I would like to start again and make one or more SP missions. But I have no ideas on what to make.

Any of you got some ideas?

Year is 2008, Cold war never ended, half Europe lies in ruins, in devasted Paris you and your team, SSSR specnaz, have to destroy some kind of base with fuel wich lies in hands of faschist regime of FrenchEngland union, after that u discover something very dark, somekind of new weapon developed by mighty Ireland and blablabla!!!

Move away from middle east, iraq , afgan setting, my head isfull of that, btw u have that shit every night on news , right!

Imagination is limitless!!!!

I've conceived a scenario for a possible campaign (or group of campaigns), that would focus largely on non-military (but still combatant) characters. Espionage. Cloak-and-dagger. Small-scale confrontations and fights, stealth, package transfer, avoiding civilians as you rush from building to building, with only a silenced Makarov and a satchel charge. I've been testing out some possibilities with ArmA2 when it comes to missions that focus more on gangs, guerrillas and spies, rather than tactical professional military operations. Only problem is that my scripting talents are quite limited. But one can still write...

The setting: Uzbekistan. The setup: the CIA station chief has been kidnapped on his way to the US Embassy in Tashkent. The player could choose to follow one of three paths:

- That of a CIA operative, whose goal is to track down the station chief and secure his safety. His campaign would consist of straightforward dealings with other spies, interrogations, killings, data capture.

- That of an Uzbek informant who's being pursued by terrorists after his role in bombing a high-ranking IMU official. His campaign would consist of escape-and-evasion, stealth, and some combat.

- That of a Chechen arms dealer and recruiter who's been conscripted by the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan to take down the CIA's power structure in Uzbekistan. His campaign would consist of taking out informants, bombing CIA safehouses, and kidnapping operatives.

Players would get a different style of game with each character, different motives, different themes, different drama. The different characters would also run into one another in each campaign.